Sounds like a melody

Stephens POV
I found her sitting on the floor in her bedroom. Her back pressed against the wall behind her bed, making her hidden until you get far enough into the room.

I sat down beside her, just looking forward into her bed. I had noticed teardrops rolling down her cheeks. "It is unwise to be near me right now." She mumbled with a raspy voice. I looked down at her.

"I'll take my chances." I answered in a whisper. Her eyes landed on random things throughout the room as she did everything not to catch my eyes.

I noticed another tear falling from her eyes. "Am I crazy?" She murmured out. I shook my head no. "No." I answered. "Why would you think that?" I asked. She finally looked up at me. Her eyes completely bloodshot. She was paler than before. Her eye bags more obvious than before.

I let out a breath as she looked back down onto the ground. "I believe it is getting worse." She whispered. I shook my head slightly as I thought of my words. How am I supposed to help her if she already gave up.

"There's still hope." I tried reassuring her.

"You do not know that."

I cupped her cheeks and made her look at me. "Remember when you had to learn how to control your powers?" I asked. A smile cracked onto her lips.

"And you threw me against the wall because you saw a venomous spider." I said. She let out a small chuckle as she remembered the memories. Oh her laughter. It was amazing. Sounds like a melody.

"Or the time you threw a bus at me 'cause I didn't let you get KFC?" I smiled down at her as she laughed.

"I really have treated you like garbage, have I not?" She said as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Yes, you have, but you know what? We got everything under control again. Who's to say we can't now?" I asked with a smile.

"But it is not the same. I am dying and no one can do anything."

"Don't say that." I said as I wrapped her in my arms. Her skinny body shaking. "I love you, Stephen." She mumbled. I moved slightly away from her. I looked down at her as I cupped her cheeks. She moved her hand behind my head and started slightly leaning in.

I did too and our lips locked in a passionate kiss. As our lips danced with each other, I felt her slowly growing weaker. I moved away again as I saw her eyes turning grey. "I love you too, sweetheart." I mumbled into the top of her head, as the life slowly left her body. Tears rolled down my cheeks as i held her life less body in my arms.

"I love you." I repeated as I cradle her body.

I heard the door open and someone step inside. "Stephen?" Clea's voice spoke. "Get out." I mumbled through gritted teeth.

"Babe, what's wrong?" She asked. I stood up with Y/ns body In my arms. I turned around and walked towards the door in a fast pace. She let out a gasp as she saw Y/n. "What happened to her?" Clea asked with worry.

"Isn't it obvious?! Or are you just stupid?" I said as i quickened my pace. She ran up beside me and place her hand on my arm. "Relax, babe. She's already gone, there's nothing we can do." She said.

I let out a breath as I stood and looked down at her. "You're right." I said. A slight smirk formed on her lips, but of course I didn't think much of it. Stupid me.

The time came to her funeral. Everyone was dressed in black. It was held out in a forrest with a small lake. Her casket was opened so you could go and say your final 'goodbye'. Natasha and Carol was currently standing there. I looked around and saw Tony was wearing his blacked out sunglasses. Even the playboy could feel the sadness from losing someone.

Loki and Thor was standing beside Steve. I noticed Loki had put up and illusion, whilst Thor was letting it all out. I looked over at Clea who was standing right beside me. "I'll be back in a bit." I mumbled as I walked over to Thor.

"Hello, Doc." Steve said. "Hey. I'm sorry we couldn't have met up before all of this happened." I said.

"Well, it's just good to see everyone again." He said trying to hide his feelings. I nodded slightly as my attention turned to Thor, he was never this quiet. I put my hand on his shoulder as a type of reassurance.

Y/n's POV
I tried breathing but I couldn't. I was prepared for my lungs to start burning, but nothing. I was laying in what looked like a casket. Someone was leaning over it to see me clearer. "That's what you get for going after something that isn't yours." Clea spoke.

I wanted to kill her so badly. I knew she was the one to poison me, but I couldn't tell Stephen. I wouldn't be able to see him hurt. To know that his lover was the reason to his best friends death.

I felt something warm in my chest. It flooded through out my limbs. I noticed a weird light coming from inside the casket. The warm feeling got warmer and started feeling like fire. I felt pressure in my head as everything went black again.

I heard a crash as the casket was removed from my body. My vision got back but I was seeing red. Figuratively. I was floating over the ground. I cracked my neck as I noticed the fire in my hands. I smirked as I looked down at Clea. She was the one who would be buried. Not me.

No one dared move an inch. I created a whip out of fire and swung it at her angle. It wrapped around her angle and I immediately pulled, making her fall down. She let out a groan as her head hit the ground.

I flew over her and got ready to turn her into a burned chicken nugget. "Y/N STOP!!" I heard his voice, Stephen. I looked over at him. Tears formed in my eyes as I realized what I was about to do. I flew down onto the floor. I looked around and saw everyone confused. I started breathing heavily as I looked back down at Clea.

Tears fell from my eyes and I returned my attention back to Stephen. He walked my way but I slowly backed away. "I... I am sorry." I whispered, as I felt my body collapse. It wasn't used to beating curses and then, right afterwards, flying around while battling.

Stephen was immediately beside me. He wrapped me in his arms as I let my tears flow out. "Sorry, I was not thinking." I whispered as my voice cracked multiple times. Stephen hushed me as he held me tight. "I heard what she told you. I know now what she did to you." He told me as he held one hand on the back of my head, holding my head close to his chest. "I should have told you before it turned so bad," I breathed out. "But I did not want to hurt you." He removed a strand of hair from my face as he took a deep breath. "It hurt more loosing you." He explained.