[POV] ~ never judge a book by it's cover ~ Part 1

Prompt: Situations may be not what they seem like.

✏︎❤︎✏︎❤︎✏︎❤︎✏︎❤︎✏︎❤︎✏︎❤︎✏︎❤︎

POV: You stare at her. As she was there, sitting across from you in your small coffee shop where the wooden beams on the ceiling hung low, making you crouch a bit when you entered. The lighting was warm and cozy, as if wrapping you under a comforting blanket of tranquility. The setting was quite simple, really. There were just some vines and potted plants around the shop, with an abundance in chair styles across the lounge. You were quite proud of this coffee shop chain you opened, your most successful enterprise. As you sat down onto your plush chair, you felt yourself sink in slowly, like how you felt when you stared into her eyes.

Two messy buns, soft golden skin with some light freckles, a bright smile and warm brown eyes. A rich colour that pulls you in. Like licking a chocolate popsicle on a hot summer day, the warm shade of brown pulled you in and clung to you like the sweet pieces of chocolate on your dry lips. The sweetness of it all calmed your scorching throat, bringing rest to the burning wildfire of your passionate emotions.

She didn't have to wear much to look pretty.

She didn't need to be like those girls who would wear crop tops and short shorts, flaunting every bit of skin whenever they can. Her date outfit was rather comfortable, just some leggings and a thin and sheer oversized hoodie, showing the tank top underneath. She tied her hair up into 2 messy buns, giving her a youthful and rebellious look. Under the warm and golden light, her brown hair gleamed a light gold colour. Simple yet brimming with grace.

She didn't need any makeup because her charm and natural beauty was all she needed to glow. Her talents shone compared to others. Smiling, you looked at her dainty and beautiful hands, the very ones that could produce such beautiful music. Now that you think about it, she was quite a simple girl, unlike others, she didn't bother with getting her nails done, just leaving them bare except for the ring on her left hand. She didn't like jewelry much, claiming that she'd probably lose it if she ever wore anything that she didn't pay attention to 24/7. But she kept the ring. Then again, even if she wore glittering jewelry, nothing could outshine her.

Her natural beauty shines even brighter when you look into her pure and bright soul. Her empathetic heart, sense of humor, cunning intelligence, confident demeanor, cute clumsiness and forgetfulness drew you in from the very first moment your souls crossed paths.

But

Like every story that was ever written.

How could things be so simple and uncomplicated?

*FLASHBACK*

You looked into the mirror, meeting the gaze of your own gray eyes looking back at you. You've always thought that gray was such a cold and desolate colour. It was like the colour of the sky during the winter. That moment when you just let your head tilt up to that cold gray sky, staring as the tiny white flecks drift down from nothingness, then melting into nothingness as it comes into contact with your skin. The glare from the hidden sun still burns your vision nevertheless, making it hard to continue staring at the sky even if you wanted to. It was a sight that repelled the moment you laid eyes on it.

Your ashy golden hair never had that gleam that other blondes would have, it complimented your cold eyes. With your pale skin, you sometimes felt like you were the embodiment of a shadow. You stood out more on a sunny day. The warmer and brighter everything was, the more defined the borders became.

You hurriedly put on your old suit, hoping that it would still fit for the upcoming graduation ceremony in a couple months. But the moment the fabric wrapped around your shoulders, you felt it pull on your arms. Did your shoulders really broaden that much these past few years? You look at the mirror again, trying to avoid looking at your own face. The pants were a bit short, accenting how long and straight your legs were but looking comedic. When you traced your gaze up, you could barely hold in your laugh and chuckled, the deep tenor vibrating across the room. The small suit did not fit at all.