SHORT POV! ~ "Do not Disturb"

My phone was always on 'Do not Disturb'... and then I met you. (Youtube comment prompt) 

POV: You stared at your untied sneakers as you made up your mind. Honestly, you had enough of this. You were done with being in a relationship where your every move seemed suspicious and you had no personal time. Just how much commitment did you have to put into this relationship to make her happy?

"We're done"

You finally said, the deep tremor in your voice shocked you but you still kept a blank face. You moved your gaze from your shoes and looked at her in the eye. You could see her shrink back a bit but you kept the same temperament. Her eyes covered in makeup and barely concealing the shock. 

"What?"

"I mean it. We're done."

She looked dumbfounded as she stared at you and laughed.

"If only I knew you could man up like this I would have never treated you that way."

"Well, it's too late now."

Sick of seeing her, you turned your back and left. 

Your first relationship that carried on into university ended like that.

Glancing at your phone, you switched the notifications all of and set it on 'Do not Disturb', deleting all messages you had on there. 

...

And it stayed that way.

Until the end of University.

...

All your friends would constantly ask why you would never reply to messages but you never gave them an adequate answer. What was the point in replying to a message when your replies would constantly be scrutinized and watched over. After that experience with your ex-girlfriend you found that it was too much of a hassle to reply to faceless messages.

Well... that was until you met her. A girl who didn't fuss over the fact that you never texted anyone much. A girl who was actually nice and respected you. A girl who preferred talking face to face with you.

You found your eyes occasionally moving towards her whenever she was laughing and smiling brightly.

The slight alone made you happy.

It took you a while to realize that you liked her but when you did you found yourself completely in love with her personality. So when you finally decided to confess, you found yourself hesitating a bit, only managing to say a phrase that you haven't asked in a long time.

"Can I have your number?"

She looked a bit surprised but then smiled. It was a bit dark outside when you asked so you didn't realize that the tips of her ears and her cheeks were flushed red... as if she was waiting for you to ask.

...

Staring at your phone when you got home, you finally turned 'Do Not Disturb' off. But when the message didn't come, you left your phone on the dinner table to go get a shower and sleep. Turning away, you didn't hear the tiny 'ring' and the phrase that lit up the screen, saying "I like you". Sent from the only person who traded numbers with you.