The Voices in Your Head Won't Stop

HORROR THEME!!! This story isn't really a romantic one but was just added for interest. 

You look down at your hands only to see drops of crimson red blood pouring down from them. Flinching, you impulsively drop down onto your shaking knees and silently stare at your bloodless hands. Pure and clean as if nothing ever happened.

"But something did happen"

You clutched your head, begging the bodiless voice to just shut up.

"Why are you lying to yourself?"

It spoke, just as soft as a whisper. But you can hear each syllable clearly. Scurrying through your purse, you toss your hand mirror, lip gloss, AirPods case, and phone onto the cold tile floor. Your nimble fingers quickly found the pills and you quickly gulped down two pills, trying to soothe me your mind.

The voices are not real.

They are just your imagination.

Or at least...

that was what your therapist said.

"But they're also lying." The voice softly hummed. Finally, you noticed the ambience around you as the scenery settled in. The cold room, the dark lights, the frigid tiling that is currently freezing your frail lags, and the bloody door... no it's just a normal door.

You shook your head, trying to calm your racing heartbeat. Grasping your chest in agony, you suddenly felt the bruise.

Staggering as you stood up from the ground, you tried to get your head straight and wobbled towards the light switch by the door.

"But what to do?" the voice suddenly said, seemingly out of nowhere.

You paused, suddenly remembering a night that you had tried to forget.

But you couldn't phase out the flashes of agony that flashed in front of your eyes.

You couldn't forget those strong hands that gripped you down as you screamed for help.

But no one was there.

No one could hear you as your voice died down and you looked down to see a pool of crimson.

Was the blood yours or was it his?

The pain was hell but the mental strain was worse.

You don't remember what happened after.

You don't want to remember.

That night was just unwanted pain.

"All alone in the dark..."

That night you were alone.

Alone in the alley.

Suddenly you hear a knock. Though it was quiet, you heard the three soft thuds on your wooden door.

"Aurelia? Are you home yet? The doctor gave me a call and told me to give you a refill of your meds. It's Elliot, your boyfriend if you can't really hear my voice."

"But they're all lying..."

You ignored everything and mindlessly opened the door, staring straight at your boyfriend.

He had a worried expression as he looked at your wrinkled clothes. Reluctantly he passed you the pills and held your hand lightly.

However you remained immobile. Unmoving.

"All surrounded yet all alone..."

You froze slightly as he embraced you. You could feel his tears damping your shirt as you looked at him. As his hands tightly and dearly held your body closer you felt a tinge of pain in your head. Pushing him away abruptly, you close the door and lean back on it.

You could hear Elliot trying to talk to you but his voice faded out as the other voices filled your mind.

"All alone in the dark.

Left alone without knowing.

Shut out of their world.

It's hard to face reality..."

You suddenly remember the ending that you tried so hard to forget. You remembered the man's hands that held you forcefully. You remembered his overpowering figure as you tried to push him off you. Fumbling around you attacked him with whatever you could pick up.

"Just like a murderer"

You stabbed him with a piece of metal you picked up nearby.

And looking down, you saw the blood.

The sight of the red trickling liquid burned into your eyes as you looked at what you've done in horror.

"But was it perhaps your fault?"

Somehow, you suddenly found yourself in the kitchen, knife in hand. Your pretty nails clung fiercely to the simple wooden handle.

As the moon shone through the half opened window, you saw the gleam of the blade shine back into your eyes. Looking up, you saw the contents of your purse open from all the search earlier.

Your pill bottle lay open on the ground.

The phone had a shattered screen.

And the mirror

Was facing right back at you.

With a crack in the middle and ruby red lip gloss...

no blood...

No...

lip gloss...

no. It was blood.

It was a bright red flow of blood that trickled down the mirror as the reflection stared back at you.

"Release from all the lies is simply just a movement away"

The blade pierced your heart, right over the bruise that you felt earlier.

The reflection smiled.

You lay there as the world faded around you and the outro of the song began playing as your AirPods slowly slipped out of your ear.

Silence.