A far-away Soulmate

Wake up. Eat. School. Work. Sleep. Every day is the same old tiring routine for you. Nevertheless, you still find yourself waking up every morning and doing the exact same thing. It wasn't until you suddenly found yourself hand in hand with him did you realize that you finally broke away from that boring routine.

Love was always a foreign concept to you, and yet you found yourself in an ideal storybook romance. Jannete and Allen, a well matched perfect couple. The dates you went on, the drama that you resolved together, it was all perfect and beautiful.

Looking back, it was all like your story was meant to be picture-framed. Like it was meant to be hanging on a wall to admire.

Holding his warm and strong hand, you admired the gallery as you walked around staring at the paintings that hung on the aged golden wall. The sound of your heels clacked on the stony tiling as you ran around. The sunlight gently gleamed through the dusty sheer white curtains and gently shone onto his deep blue eyes while he observed you running around childishly. This scene alone was much prettier than all the vibrant paintings, because no paint nor painter could ever capture such a breathtaking scene. Seeing him smile gently like this made you stop for a second and walk up to the painting he was standing in front of.

Turning to look at it, you saw the details of a desk with some cute gel coloured pens. In the far corner, there was a computer and open on the center on the desk...

Was a book.

Feeling his arms around you as you stared at the strange nostalgic painting, you gently held his slightly shaking arms and asked, "Darling, is something the matter?"

"I just wanted to hug you a bit Jannete" He whispered, his breath sending slight chills down your back as you felt his breath on your neck.

"Oh really?" You said, turning back to face him.

"Jannete, you know I love you right?"

"Yes I do Allen. What's wrong, you sound strange right now, are you perhaps feeling tired? Do you need to go to bed? We did stay up a bit late last night."

"I do admit I'm tired Jannete, but it's not that I need to sleep...

 it's you who needs to wake up."

And with a slight shove, he pushed you into the painting.

THUD.

Shaking your head a bit, you rub your eyes and try to wake up. Sleeping on your desk made your back quite sore and tired. Smiling, you closed the novel that you fell asleep reading. The story of Jannete and Allen will have to end here for today.

Grinning, you left for school, knowing that somewhere far, far away, Allen is still there by the painting, waiting for the day that he will see you again. 

✏︎❤︎✏︎❤︎✏︎❤︎✏︎❤︎✏︎❤︎✏︎❤︎✏︎❤︎✏︎❤︎✏︎❤︎✏︎❤︎✏︎❤︎

Author's note (updated 02/07/21)

I hope you enjoy these short stories! I update daily and accept requests for prompts if you have ideas. Seeing how so many people liked this specific prompt I'm thinking of starting a mini series like Sounds on the Wind  (SOTW) but featuring the full story of Jannete and Allen. Not sure if I will but I would love to see some input! Have a wonderful rest of you day! I put a lot of effort into these stories and I hope you'll love them! 

-Amateur Artist