XXXI

31st Chapter

"Thanks for the parting gift."

Hearing that, you finally come back to earth. You are about to burst out but Kuroo leaves you and exposes himself to Oikawa.

"Mr. Best setter has already got a new girlfriend?" You hear Kuroo say to him.

At that time, you finally notice the girl's face. She used to study at Kitagawa Daichi. She is one year senior than you, in Oikawa's grade.

She had a huge crush on Oikawa. You used to get jealous whenever you saw her around him.

But Oikawa obviously didn't know about that.

"It doesn't have anything do with you," Oikawa scowls at Kuroo.

Why didn't you deny it? You think to yourself.

"What do you think Y/N will have to say when she will see you with another girl?" Kuroo tries to provoke him to say the truth.

"Don't you dare bother her with this shit!" Oikawa gets angry again. He is always short tempered around Kuroo.

"Uh. I'm not his girlfriend. Please don't misunderstand," the girl says.

You feel a strange sense of relief.

"You don't have to explain him anything," Oikawa says shooting a glare at Kuroo.

"Right. You don't. I'm sorry but I need to go now," with that Kuroo leaves the store.

You and Kuroo didn't talk to each other after that.

Suddenly your phone beeps notifying you of a text from Kuroo.

Come outside for a sec.

You decide to ignore it as a punishment for the kiss at the store.

But-

"Y/N, Kuroo is waiting for you outside! Hurry up!" Your mom yells.

You sigh and go. This is the last day anyway.

You fold your arms, prepared to listen to his excuses for kissing you.

"I really wanted to be with you the whole day before I go, you know?"

You look away.

"I'm sorry I left you alone at the convenience store yesterday," he says again.

"Yeah right. You just ran away realising the consequences of what you did," you snap.

"No," he looks down, "I left because I didn't want to apologize for the kiss. I still won't apologize for it."

You stand straight, "Then why are you here now?"

"To say that the next time I come here, I will definitely make you mine," Kuroo smiles.

You stomp on his foot, "In your dreams, jerk!"