III

3rd Chapter

"I'm definitely applying to be the manager of volleyball club."

"Shouldn't you at least talk to Oikawa senpai about it?" Aya said.

You stand up.

"To Toru? Why?"

"If he can help you to get the spot then it will be easy for you," Aya replied.

"I don't think he will let me. He always talks about how hard manager's works are. He will probably just ask me to study like you all did."

You start to leave.

"It sure is hard to date the school idol," your friend remarks.

You know it too. It's hard for you to avoid the stares when you and Oikawa are together. But it doesn't seem to bother him at all.

Oikawa and you didn't talk to each other after the last match. You heard his voice today for the first time after two days.

He behaved casually with you even though the last time you talked was not that much of a pleasant memory.

You get to know that the current manager is already trying to leave. So the concerned teacher was really happy to get an application for this post from you.

"Join from today," he said.

You enter into the volleyball club. There is the captain standing with his back towards you motivating his teammates.

Oikawa was made a captain even though he is a second year student. It proves how qualified he is.

You still remember the day when he got his best setter award in junior high.

He is the setter and captain of Seijoh. He is also the service ace and an all round player.

He is cute, funny, unfairly handsome, reliable and unbearably popular among the girls.

You imagine what his reaction would be to see you here. It can be good or bad. But it doesn't matter.

Iwaizumi nudges Oikawa after he sees you.

Oikawa turns around. His eyes widen for a second. But he quickly gets up and comes towards you.

"What happened princess? Do you need something?" He is obviously asking you the reason of your coming here.

"I-"

"Attention everyone," your words get cut.

"Ms. Y/N is the new manager of volleyball club," Aoi sensei announces it.

"Huh?" Oikawa reacts. You try to see through his expression.

He is simply shocked.

"You didn't tell me anything about you," he mutters. The teacher glances towards you two.

Everyone knows about you and Oikawa being in a relationship. You both are the talk of the school.

You can't match up to Oikawa but you are really popular with guys as well. But they don't bother you since they know they have no chance against the school's idol.

"I'm sorry. I decided it suddenly," you give an excuse.

Honestly you were thinking about it for quite a time.

"OK. Since that's what you want, I won't stop you," he seems serious, "But I want all the details about it later."