XIII

13th Chapter

Oikawa and Kuroo do a handshake as captains.

He is the captain as well. You think. You knew nothing about this team before.

The match has been going on for a while. Aoba Johsai is ahead in points. It is Oikawa's turn to serve now.

Oikawa's eyes scan through the court while he rolls the ball. Nekoma, the team with perfect receivers fail to even touch the ball.

Due to Oikawa's serves, Seijoh earns a few more points.

They eventually win the match as well.

Kuroo whispers something in Oikawa's ear after the match while shaking his hand again.

Oikawa's hand balls into a fist. You notice it. Now you are honestly worried.

You wonder what he said. The whole bus ride to the lodging, Oikawa does not talk to you.

Why is he jealous? Kuroo did nothing compared to Oikawa's fangirls. Also he just saved me from falling down.

Oikawa goes straight to his room without having lunch.

You also don't bug him.

It is soon nighttime. You are lying on your bed, wide awake, thinking about Oikawa.

Suddenly you hear a knock on your door. You open the door to see your boyfriend with his brown, wavy hair a little tousled since he was probably lying down as well.

"Toru?" You say being a little surprised.

"I'm sorry. I ignored you the whole time after the match," he makes his way into your room and sits on the bed.

He was really ignoring me. You realize. You had thought he was tired as well.

You sit beside him.

"I was worried. Did that captain say something to you?" You finally ask.

"You don't wanna hear it," he shakes his head.

"Was it something bad? It was something about me, wasn't it?"

Oikawa drops his face into his hands.

"I mean he wasn't lying."

You caress his hair, "What did he say?"

"He said that I was extra feisty during the match because he touched you. It was probably true. I deliberately tried hard to win because of the incident before the match."

You don't say anything.

"Also Iwaizumi said that I was glaring at their captain," he speaks again.

He never says Iwaizumi. Perhaps something went wrong between them.

"So I threw a fit and made him angry as well. I also made you worry by not talking to you."

"It's okay. I think I understand what you feel and it's not your fault. But I don't get the point of tormenting yourself like that by being all alone. You could just stay with me you know?"

"I know. I feel a lot better now," he smiles which you return.

You two stay in silence for a while. But you understand Oikawa still hasn't calmed down.

He finally speaks up,

"Y/N, I can't hold myself back anymore," he looks at you with desperate eyes, "Will you let me try something?"