XXIII

23rd Chapter

3 Years Ago:

Oikawa used to call you everywhere he saw you from that day he returned your scarf. You didn't like him but you didn't exactly dislike him either. He was attractive in every possible way.

"Y/N chan," you looked behind from where the voice was coming, "You must really like hotdogs," Oikawa said making you realise the fact that he noticed what you were having.

The days went by. Oikawa didn't make any obvious move on you. But your friends let you know that he was just flirting with you because you were fairly attractive as well.

One day, he invited you to watch his match. Seijoh lost the first set. When you went to their waiting room to meet him, you saw Oikawa looking really depressed.

You spun him around to face you.

"You have to win the next two sets to win this match," you paused, "for my sake."

Oikawa kissed you the second you finished the sentence. That way you both realized that you two were in love with each other, without using any word. He won the match after that.

You did not tell anyone about the kiss. Oikawa didn't bring it up either. But on the day of Oikawa's graduation, you could not keep it in anymore.

"Oikawa senpai!" You called him.

He turned around. "I-"

He cut you off, "I know you have come to say something important. But I need to say something first. I have been searching for you the whole day to say it."

"Go ahead," you said.

He took a deep breath, "I like you. I didn't say anything about it earlier because I never fell for someone before. So I didn't know how to handle these feelings. But it's hard to keep my eyes off you and I keep thinking about you all the time and when I-"

This time you cut him off by kissing him.

"Hmm. I like you as well."

His eyes lit up, "Really? Then let's date each other."

You nod slowly.

You and Oikawa used to go on a lot of dates when he was in the first year of high school since it was the only way for you to see each other.

One day, when you two were on a date, Oikawa was sulking a lot.

"Why are you so upset?" You asked him.

"I want a kiss," he pouted.

You blushed at first but then you gave him a peck on his cheek.

"Once more," he tapped on his cheek with his index finger.

You sighed and were about to repeat the same action. This time, he turned his head to the side you ended up kissing his lips.

"Stole one." he stuck out his tongue at you.

"You are so mean," this time you pouted.

"Then give me a punishment. From now on, call me Toru?"

"What kind of punishment is that?"

"Please?" He gave you puppy eyes.

"To- Toru," you managed to say.

He kissed you.

"Thanks," he smiled against your lips.