XXVI

26th Chapter

The same voice which used to comfort you, is now stinging your heart.

You gulp seeing Oikawa and he halts in his steps.

"I was going to the vice principal's office," he says without thinking that he doesn't need to let you know about that.

"Uh- I was just wandering," you reply.

Oikawa nods and passes by you. You were never so awkward with him, not even after your first kiss with him.

He turns around,

"I am sorry about yesterday. I acted jealous again," he grimaces.

You shake your head, "You were right. Kuroo confessed to me today."

You see Oikawa's expression changing in a moment. His hands ball up into fists. You regret saying that.

"I'm not planning to say yes or anything to him," you say trying to make the situation better.

He looks into your eyes, "It's completely up to you. Don't hold back because of my pathetic self."

You are about to say something but suddenly Oikawa sprints to you and spins you around, hugging you while his back is facing the door of the volleyball gym.

You hear a loud thud. You hug him tighter, burying your face into Oikawa's chest. Your hurt hearts. You can feel that Oikawa is in pain.

"I'm so very sorry," that guy is on his fours.

Oikawa lets go of you.

"Are you okay?" He asks you first, completely ignoring the same guy who was about to hit you on your head last time.

"What the heck? I am absolutely okay. You didn't let anything happen to me! What about you? Are you okay?" You are literally yelling.

Oikawa smiles and hit your head with the side of his palm,

"I am perfectly fine."

You get flustered by just this little action of his.

"Can I still get some patches for you?" You ask, still frightened by that incident.

"Does that mean I have to go to the infirmary?" He scratches his head.

"Nope. Just wait for me in 206. It's empty at this time."

You turn around to leave but he holds your wrist, "Y/N, I will ask someone in the team to stick the patches for me. I don't want you to get uncomfortable."

"Let me do it. All of these happened because of me anyway."

"No, it didn't," you already left.

Oikawa sighs and waits for you where you asked him to.

You will feel uncomfortable to do it since you two have already broken up and you are the reason for it.

Oikawa suddenly remembers how you tightly hugged him when you realised that he was getting hit by a ball.

"What was that?" He says smiling to himself.