࿏ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5 ࿏

Start from the beginning

They were set to get a recruit before the shootout and were now set to be the blonde's new partner. Punz didn't know much except that he was an old friend of Scott and CPK's.

"Your brother called you? As in Grayson?"

"He's my only brother" Punz stated plainly, he was tired and it was showing.

"And he is willing to be a spy — if we find him a way out?" The captain said slowly, his words sounding sceptical as he spoke.

"I know how this sounds but you didn't hear him. He was scared, Captain, he was trying to hide his conversation and got scared when someone came out"

"Mhm," He nodded. Punz gulped, even with how badly Dream wanted to arrest the Sleepy Boys and put their reign of power and terror to an end, he knew that he would be sceptical and hesitant.

An uncomfortable silence filled the room.

"Okay" he lifted his hands of the table in a sign of defeat "wait until his next call and tell him it's a deal"

With a smile and nod, the blonde stood and left the room. Skeppy and Ponk sat at their desks, the clock now on seven. Scott and Michael walked in with coffee and files, each smiling at the blonde as he took his seat. Punz's eyes trailed to the empty desk across from his, used to having a brunette with Captain America accessories on his desk smiling back at him. He sighed in defeat and smiled weakly.

"We'll avenge you, Callahan"

──────────

To say he was nervous was an understatement. He had three hours of sleep, one cup of coffee and two monster energies fueling him as he prepared for his big day. The blonde had been preparing his whole life for this moment and he was more than ready, brushing his fingers through his hair in the mirror before grabbing his keys, he left his apartment building.

Even if it was an early start, with it being 6:45 am, nothing could break the young man's stride as he drove down the main streets of the city. The moon was still out, the winter air was freezing and would make any normal person want to stay in bed, the heater and seat warmers working overtime.

The parking lot was empty, with only three cars present. The blonde turned off his car, picked up his bag on his passenger seat and quickly headed inside, wishing to be inside of a warm building than the frozen air. Their area was too cold.

The building was made of bricks and was old with age, a plaque at the door reading 'built-in 1935'. He headed inside, gripping his bag tightly as he hit the button and waited for the elevator to come. It didn't take long, the doors opening only a few seconds later. The music inside was subtle, almost silent as he was lifted into the higher levels and stopped halfway.

The metal doors opened and revealed an open area with a reception desk to the side, two glass and wooden doors along with walls dividing the two areas and stairs heading up both sides of the walls. Inside the divided room laid multiple desks, two occupied by people.

The blonde took a deep breath as he headed inside, one of the unknown people lifting their head to look at him. He had long, but not too long, near-white and blonde hair, dark tan skin, and his desk plaque read 'Officer Ponk Drops', the young man simply nodded to him with a smile and knocked on the door of the captain.

A call came from inside, the Brit walking in with a smile. The police force captain; Clay 'Dream' Wastaken, the youngest captain in the ranks.

"Jimmy Solidarity?"

"That's me, sir" his voice filled with excitement. He had been training for so long to be a cop and now here he was, finally graduated and already at a precinct, not to mention he was now working with two of his closest friends.

Dream smiled as he gestured for the new cop to take a seat. Jimmy placed his book bag against the chair leg and turned to his new captain, his hands lying in his lap.

They went through the regular stuff; Rules, gear, the normal. He was given a walkie talkie, radio, badge and gun and put them into their respective places on his person and put his radio aside — that was for the car.

Dream called for Punz, the door opening to reveal a young man with long-ish light blonde hair and stubble but overall, looked nice. His blue eyes darted from his captain to the blonde in the chair, who awkwardly smiled.

"This him?" He closed the door behind him and folded his arms in front of his chest. Dream nodded as Jimmy stood up.

"'Ello, Jimmy Solidarity" He stuck his right hand out for a handshake, Punz took a second before accepting.

"Jimmy, huh? Yeah, I'll have a lot of fun with your name"

"Luke," The captain warned. The younger blonde chuckled heartily as he waved his hand a little.

"I'm only joking, it's all light-hearted. I used to do the same with my old partner all the time."

"Callahan came up with his nickname"

"Punz?" Jimmy questioned. He didn't know much about the blonde's former partner except that he was selectively mute and was recently killed in a shootout with Wilbur Watson.

"Yeah, I make puns and jokes. It's my thing"

Jimmy nodded with a small smile.

"Alright, Newbie, come on, I'll show you the ropes."
——————————————————————
Words: 1,542

Jimmy will become more important as the story goes on...

Don't forget to vote!
Feedback is welcomed!

-Ever