Chapter 6 - The savior

This German lesson Thomas sat next to Lucy again. Lucy didn't know if it was because of Sandra who was at school again or that he maybe, maybe? Began to like her? As a friend ofcourse, he and Hannah still were a thing.
What a terrible taste he had.

Thomas and Lucy had nice conversations about sailing ofcourse, and what it was like in Germany. Thomas said he was happy to move because Hamburg was a very boring city. "I like Dover. It has beautiful nature and it is more peaceful here, without all those cargoships." Lucy laughed and could imagine all the fabrics on the other side of the sea. She was happy that Dover wasn't surrounded by such ugly things.

After the bell rang they walked in the hall together. "So, you're from an adventurous and free family, if you live on a boat. It must be wonderful." Lucy sighed dreamingly. "Well, that's one way you can see it. But imagine: Non stop in a small room with your parents, with no privacy. It can be frustrating sometimes." Thomas replied. Lucy laughed. "So why did you came to Dover, especially? I think you've told before but I forgot."

Thomas suddenly acted weird and was quiet. Should I tell the truth? He thought. Ofcourse not the whole truth, but a bit? This seems like a trustworthy girl, and also: she had no friends to tell it to so it wouldn't be a gossip.

He looked at her and Lucy startled by seeing his serious look. "Well, euhm... we actually came here because Hamburg wasn't a good place for us to....." He got interrupted by a shreek from the other side of the hallway. "Thomas! There you are! How dare you walk away from me!" Hannah stood there, with her hands on her side. She came walking towards them, giving a disgusted look to Lucy. "Well, I better be going, see you tomorrow!" Lucy said hastily and left the 2 behind.

How could he even have such a terrible girlfriend?! She is brainless, toxic and stupid. He deserves someone wayyy better, why can't he see that?
Lucy was talking to herself again at the top of a white cliff. She kicked a little stone over the edge and saw it dissappear in the wild sea.
Then she took a deep breath and screamed.

"WHY IS EVERYONE THE SAME, BORING AND STUPID? WHY CAN'T THERE BE ANYONE INTERESTING IN THIS WORLD?"

She looked over the sea, not knowing if she was waiting for an answer or just enjoying the waves crashing against the cliff.

She turned around to go back and looked right in the eyes of Thomas. He stood there, looking at her with a laugh on his face. Lucy was so shocked she fell back, dangerously near the cliff.

"Lucy!" Thomas yelled and ran towards her. He could grab her arm just in time, or else she would've fallen over the edge.
Lucy fell into his armes and held on tight to him, shivering from fright.
Thomas held her and for a minute there was silence.

"Are you allright?" Thomas asked worried. "Yeah I think so.. I just thought I was alone." Thomas repeated the thing Lucy had screamed in his head, and smiled lightly. " You know, about what you just said: I used to think the same. But now I think I have finally found a very interesting one."

Lucy gave him a confused look and tried to smile. Then she realized she still laid in his arms and stood up. "Euh, I.. I have to go home."

"Let me walk with you." Thomas said and the 2 walked down the hill, both having a weird feeling.