The Stand of the Rightous

Začít od začátku

Haller walked up to him, before pulling him to his feet, grabbing his Las rifle and shoving it into his chest.

"What do you think you are doing guardsmen?" He questioned.

"S..sir, we're dead men." He said.

Haller smacked the guardsmen across his face, before clearing his throat.

"If we are dead men, then let us bring as many bodies down with us. The Emperor is reborn, but he has not called us to his side yet. His immortal being has yet to take us, meaning we still are to fight in his name. We shall hold the enemy back, making them pay for rejecting the Truth of the Emperor. We are guardsmen, we shall hold the line, and for every one of us who falls, more shall come to take their place." He said, walking to a box, before standing on it.

The soldiers all looked to the commissar, who had been a rallying point for some time now to the clones and the guardsmen.

"We all know the Sisters are the emperor's voice, and the Astartes are his bulwark. But the guard, we are his middle finger, and we shall show it to the enemy till the last breathe." He said, stepping down, and raised his fist into the air, flipping his middle finger in the direction of the enemy.

"If they want us fucking dead, we shall make sure they fucking die before we do." He said, angry.

The radio crackled, as a message came through, "Attention force of Lansar. Reinforcements will be arriving soon, hold your position." A woman's voice said, before streaks of smoke trailed down and landed in the distance.

"Drop pods. Quite a few of the them. Well, we have our support, we now have to hold back the machines as they near." Haller said.

"Looks like it. Those trails will get the attention of the seps, we shoudl get ready." The Clone Commander, Drago said.

"Indeed my brother in arms, indeed." Haller said, as he picked up a Las gun.

The forces prepared, clones and guard got into positions, waiting, listening, watching as the sounds of marching was heard. Vulture droids flew in, getting shot directly by a clone PLX-1 before it crashed and rolled.

"Squad 16, gather some explosives, your mission will be to get those AA guns out. I don't care what it takes, just knock them out." Drago ordered, pointing at an anti-air gun on a ridge to the east of their position.

The squad saluted and ran away, moving to disable to guns.

The guards and soldiers watched before starting to fire at the droids and militia who charged the position. The battle tanks fired, working hard to hold back the enemy, while the tech priests worked to repair the tracks. As the Leman Russ Battle tank's tread were fixed, it moved forward, slightly, moving behind a large rock to provide more to it's side. The frontal Las cannon fired as the turret battle cannon took aim and fired, blowing up groups of droids with the high-explosive airburst shells.

A barrage of uncontrolled missiles fired and one missile slammed into the tank, blasting the turret off as fire sprayed from every opening on the tank.

"Tanks down!" A man yelled, before a second missile slammed in, exploding in the lines, making a red mist spray from the guardsmen and threw clones from their positions.

"Their getting close!" Drago yelled, firing with his DC-15 blaster rifle.

"Stand your ground! We shall withstand!" Haller yelled, his las-gun no longer firing, and beeped, showing it was drained of energy, before he lowered it to reload.

The droids stepped over the first defensive line, guardsmen and clones falling back, heavy weapon crews dropping their heavy weapons and using their Las rifles. Grenades were launched and exploded in the front lines, destroying the droids and causing extra ammo boxes near by to explode.