"You know who they were," Liam corrected.

Isaac nodded, "Anyone could turn on us at this point. There's something out there, and it's worse than any gunfight we've got going on."

"Everyone's afraid and it's getting worse."

"Yeah, you can't protect two werewolves from hunters if they're already on the inside," Scott told the Sheriff calmly, trying not to sound like he was insulting the man's ability to do his job.

The Sheriff fell silent, finally appearing to be listening and actually hearing what we were saying. I understood why he was hesitant though - to be told that someone who you trusted with your life wasn't who you thought they were, it can come as a rather nasty shock.

Leaning to the side, the Sheriff glanced past us all to look at the girl who had shown up at Scott's house who was sitting in the corner of the room.
"It's Quinn, right?"

The young werewolf looked up from her fingers, nodding as she saw everyone staring at her. She looked like she had almost completely healed from her injuries, which was good. From what I heard of her story, she was lucky to be alive.

"You're sure it was a Deputy who shot you?" The Sheriff asked, most likely hoping that she said no. "Absolutely, 100 per cent sure?"

Quinn took a moment, maybe a bit nervous to tell the Sheriff the truth, before nodding again.
"I saw flashing lights. A police car. I. . . saw a badge, a gun, and then they shot me. They shot me in the head and that's all that I remember."

The Sheriff's head dropped before he let out a heavy breath. Straightening back up, he turned to Scott, "There are a couple of holes in her story."

"Maybe because there's a hole in her head," Lydia said quite snarkily.

"She beat me to it by one second," Isaac hissed while Malia burst out laughing.

When everyone turned to her with wide eyes, Malia gave us all a confused look, before frowning. "I'm sorry."

Scott just shook his head, putting us back on topic. "Sheriff, we need to get Jiang and Tierney out of here before anyone realises that they are here."

"And take them where?" The Sheriff almost snapped. "I can't let them go."

Lydia huffed, "But if you keep them here, they're-"

The Sheriff held a hand up, cutting Lydia off, "Look, if there's a problem-"

He didn't get the chance to finish what he was saying as the sound of an explosion caught everyone's attention. Glancing over to the blinds, we could see a bright light shining through, which was quite concerning considering that it was dark outside.

I walked over to the blinds and carefully peered through a couple of the slats. My heart sunk as I turned back to everyone to report, "It's that crazy bitch, Monroe."

The Sheriff walked out to the main section of the station, waving his Deputies back. "Get away from the windows. Put those guns away."

"If Riley is right and that's Monroe out there, they'll be armed to the teeth," Parrish pointed out to his boss.

"Which is why I won't be," the Sheriff said as he removed his gun from his belt and placed it down on the nearest desk.

I pushed past my friends to get to the man. "Noah, you can't go out there without a weapon."

"I need to show them some trust, or we might as well just accept the loss now, Riley," the Sheriff told me.

"This woman isn't going to care, she's hellbent on killing us all and I'm honestly starting to worry that she might actually pull it off considering that I was dying less than an hour ago," I blurted out, my anxiety getting the better of me.