15* Real Cultism I

Start bij het begin

Hmm?

"I think you're obsessed, Nadia, my bear," She continued and I tried to ignore the fact that she just coined another nickname for me but I couldn't because a short chuckle escaped my lips, "I think you're obsessed with this thing and I don't think it's a good idea... I mean, AY got expelled and lots of students hate you for that... You remember the outrage. Fine, Jay and Sameera's relationship distracted them and changed the whole thing but that doesn't mean some students are still not out for you... For blood so, bear, I think it's just better for you to lock up."

And not get to the bottom of this matter? No!

"For starters, I don't even think a cult that deals in something like drugs can exist in CSA and even if they do, It really can't be as dangerous as you guys are thinking, I mean, this is Coven School of Arts and not all those rash polytechnics and federal universities where cult members are the order of the day and they have uniforms and color codes and they commit all sort of atrocities so really, it's nothing."

Her reply was to heave a very deep and loud sigh.

"Nadia, because they don't commit atrocities like burning buildings and cars doesn't mean that they don't exist in CSA. The deadliest of them all are the silent ones, the ones that don't draw attention to themselves, they're the ones with gentle smiles and big hearts, the ones who pretend to be meek and dumb but in reality, they'd get rid of you with just a snap of their fingers. That's real cultism, my dear."

Real cultism...

Get rid of you with a snap of their fingers...

They were all too far-fetched and I'm pretty sure that whoever had sold the drugs to AY were just a bunch of misguided new adults and to think I thought Tania would have something sensible to say.

My bad.

"And besides, don't you find it fishy?" She asked me and my forehead creased in confusion.

"What's that?"

"AY's girlfriend!" She announced and my frown deepened even more because I simply didn't understand what she was hitting at all.

"I mean," She sat up straighter, "I know AY, you know AY, everyone in CSA knows AY. He's a chronic playboy, he changes girls like boxers. He has sex partners and fuck buddies, not girlfriends..."

I just kept staring at her in confusion because I didn't grab her point at all and she must have seen my confusion because she sat up even straighter and she sort of threw her hands up as if to buttress her point.

"I'm saying AY isn't the type to have a girlfriend and even if he has a girlfriend, which is highly unlikely, the whole school would know. But well, AY got expelled, he's now unconscious somewhere in the world and a mystery girl comes out to say she's his girlfriend when there's a video of AY actively kissing two girls together at a party just before your article came out last semester."

My frown deepened even more as I allowed my brain to slowly start to decipher the meaning of what Tania just said. I remembered the video she was talking about. It was a video of AY in an active threesome make-out session or something like that.

That was a couple of weeks before we went on a break and probably a week before the article was published but with the way his girlfriend had talked to me, they've been dating for months before then. So was it possible for him to be fooling around that much when he has a serious girlfriend?

It was messed up.

"So, what are you hinting at?" I just had to ask.

"That she probably wasn't even his girlfriend." She deadpanned nonchalantly leaving me speechless because that wasn't possible.