15* Real Cultism I

Start from the beginning

Physically, my best friend was with me but her soul and spirit and every other thing were with that boy called Seyi.

"Tania, I'm calling you," I tried not to shout but my voice was higher this time around and that made Tania's head jerk up for a few seconds and she looked at me with her eyebrows furrowing in confusion as if she didn't understand why I was shouting her name and guess what she did afterward?

She went back to her phone!

My best friend just glanced at me briefly before she went back to chatting with Seyi.

Okay! Good! Guess I was done here.

"Oops, he has gone offline," Her voice sounded meek, a little bit pained before it took on a more excited one when she said, "Nadia Bear, what were you saying?"

God forbid.

I couldn't possibly be only worthy of her attention only when Seyi was offline. I wasn't going to reply to her at all so I just turned back to do whatever on my laptop.

"Nadia Bear Bear, hope you're not angry with me?" I heard her meek voice from behind but I simply pretend that I didn't hear her. If she could have ignored me that much because she was talking to her boyfriend, then it was fair enough for me to ignore her too since I was busy with my love.

"Oya, mabinu, Oko mi," Don't be angry, my love. I didn't reply as I continued to read the article on my laptop and I started hearing scruffles of sheets as if she was trying to get out of the bed and the next thing I knew was that she was hugging me from behind and pressing a thousand feathery kisses on my cheeks.

"Okay, I'm very very sorry. I promise you, this will be the last time something like this will happen."

"Like you said the last time and all those times before then."

"I'm serious, I'm serious this time around! Pinky swear?" Then she was leaving my neck and moving to stand beside me and sticking out her right-hand pinky fingers.

I looked at her tiny frame and the finger she was sticking out and I couldn't help but roll her eyes at her childishness and the fact that she was putting on a Hannah Montana blue nightgown wasn't helping matters at all.

She just looked and behaved like a child.

"I'm not angry at you, just go and sit down," I told her and she lunged at me, hugging me and nearly throwing me off the chair.

What...

"Thank you so much for forgiving me!" She beamed when she finally pulled away from me and I found myself veering back because what? Tania was this excited because I told her I'd forgiven her for something like that?

My friend wouldn't stop smiling as she settled herself on the floor with her tucked underneath her in that typical madrasa posture and she kept looking up at me eagerly as if waiting for me to tell her whatever I wanted to tell her.

Well, it wasn't like I had an option in the first place. She was the only person I could discuss it with so I turned on the chair so I'd be able to see her fully.

"So, remember I told Ayo's girlfriend came to my room a couple of days ago?"

"Yes," she replied eagerly.

"So, I've been thinking," I started, then trailed off to find a better way to word my thoughts, "About everything she told me that day, the drugs and supplier and all that."

Tania didn't say anything for a while and she just kept staring at me with a thoughtful expression on her face only for her to end up asking, "Are you obsessed?"