Five

y/n POV-

text messages

y/n- Hey, it's y/n you gave me your number this morning :)

cassie- Hey, I was wondering when you'd text.

y/n- Sorry I had class, totally spaced.

Cassie- Don't worry about it, how bout you make it up to me.

y/n- What do you have in mind?

cassie- Drinks? There's a bar close by if you wanna go tomorrow evening, 6ish?

y/n- Yeah that sounds good text me the address and I'll see you tomorrow.

Cassie- (address) see you tomorrow :)

--

I smile at my phone... I have a date.

Shit I have a date. What do people even do on dates here? I don't even think I remember the last actual date I went on.

I pick out my outfit early, knowing damn well I'll probably end up wearing something else anyway. Still, I like to try and prepare, I play with my hair in the mirror, pulling its up trying to decide on how I'd do my hair.

I get close up to the mirror examining my face, looking for any sign of imperfection to see if I can cover it with make up or something.

After hours of throwing clothes on my floor, flinging shoes and bags out my tiny closet I finally settle on an outfit I'm confident ill actually wear. I fold it neatly and place it on top of my chest of draws ready for tomorrow.

--

Glowing makeup powders my face, a short black dress fits my figure a black jacket and boots finish of my outfit. Cute, plain and simple. I leave my hair to fall naturally, clipping half of it back in a 'put together messy sort of way'.

I walk into the bar and instantly notice the brunette ordering drinks, red lipstick on, matching the stain shirt tucked into her jeans. As I approach her perfect rows of pearly white's glisten at me, she pulls me into a light hug warm vanilla scents flood my senses but as inhale I can still smell the lightest hint of coffee around her.

"I'm glad you came." She smiles and I nod "Just couldn't turn you down." She giggles at me "Am just that intriguing." She flirts, hits of light humour ever present in her tone. "Indeed, you are."

"What are you drinking?" she asks as she calls over the bartender. "I'm good with a coke for now." He nods and hands me over my drink.

"Thank you."

"No problem doll." He says sweetly, he has to be in his late 40's and normally such a nickname form a man would be awkward, but I sense a fatherly vibe from him. He seems like the type to protect a girl, not hurt her.

"I must say you have wonderful manners." She beams at me. "It's a British thing, we say thank you and sorry was more than we need to." She bites her lip a little as she smiles at me "Well its nice."

"Thank you," she shakes her head and laughs "and there I go again." She nods still laughing.

"Anyway, are you studying at the University?" she inquires.

"Yeah, just transferred here recently."

"Ahh, well I'm glad you did you're a very pretty girl, glad I met you." her eyes twinkle as she flatters me.

I feel so relaxed around her, we make small talk for a while, but I doesn't take long before I start drinking alcohol laughing with her taking every opportunity to flirt. Shorty after her hand drags me from my barstool to the bathrooms.