Back To The Start

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NINJAGO OR THE CHARACTERS, JUST THE PLOT!

Hello everyone! I'm back! We just met our new acquaintance Harumi! I'm super excited to write this and let's jump right in!
———————————————————————————
Lloyd's POV

"What should we start with?" Jay asks.

"It would be best if we start by retracing our steps," Zane answers.

"Good idea," I smile. I look over to Harumi to see her nod, her face emotionless.

"Well we went out to a bunch of places! I don't remember them all!" Kai screeches.

As much as I hate to admit it, I don't remember either.

Harumi sighs in annoyance, "are all elementals this forgetful and dumb or just you guys?"

"Hey!"

"Do you want to help us or not?" I ask aggressively.

Again she sighs. "Do you at least know where you came out of the portal from?" She asks, still obviously irritated.

Trust me, I would have kicked her out by now but sadly, we need her.

"This way," I say calmly. I need to remain calm, I can't let her get to me. I can't let her win.

We walk out of the alley way we are in, as we approach the street. I rub my eyes as I yawn. Since Harumi decided to come later at night, we didn't really get any sleep. It's still dark outside, around 2 o clock I'm guessing.

I must have zoned out because Nya tugged me, snapping me out of my trance. We walk forward as the 'scary automobiles' cross.

"Wait!" Harumi yells but it's too late. We are halfway through the street now as they are all honking and slamming down on their brakes. They curse and throw insults at us as we pass. For some reason, Harumi walks with us and they all bow through their cars. I feel my eyebrows furrow. Why are they bowing?

When we finally cross the street Harumi runs up to the front and stops us. "What the hell were you thinking?! You can't run in front of cars like that! That's dangerous!" She finishes.

"Dangerous is my middle name!" Kai replies cockily. She raises any eyebrow.

I push past her annoyed, "why do you care?"

"I care because I don't want any of my people to be filed for death. I also don't want to have to explain to them how they ran over an elemental scum," she snakes.

I roll my eyes. I'm really starting to get tired of her calling us that, especially for the fact that she is the runt.

"Regardless this is the place," I announce.

"A normal street?" She asks, finally curious.

Finally, an emotion besides annoyed and irritated.

"Ya, the place where this all began. Getting trapped here, meeting a scary barking thing, and meeting a monster," I respond sneakily.

There was a pause until Harumi finally understood. "You little runt..."

I can't help but chuckle as everyone else breaks out into a grin.

She growled, returning back to her angry form. "So how did you get through the portal anyway?"

"W-we don't know!" Jay stammered. "Kai touched the barrier and it shocked him back and then Lloyd touched the barrier and it opened!"

"Then maybe... Lloyd, try touching the portal again," Zane says carefully, calculation in his eyes.

"Wha- that won't work! It was just by chance!" I say quickly.

"It's our only hope! Please Lloyd! You need to try! It might be our only way back!" Nya pleaded.

I looked around. Everyone seemed to support the idea. Even Harumi! That's saying something.

"Fine! Here goes nothing..." I say quietly and I go and touch the area where it opened last. I shut my eyes tight, hoping to be sucked through again but nothing happens. I'm not zapped, but nothing happens. I gasp in disbelief.

"I-it didn't work," Harumi says sadly.

"That means... we might be stuck here.... Forever..."
———————————————————————————
Yes, yes I know, very cheery but hey! It's exciting! I'm sorry that this is shorter, I'll make it up next time! On that note I will leave and I'll see you all next time!