My sudden voice must have shocked her dince she stumbled startled but I caught her before she could hit her head on the cabinet.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you. But what were you doing?"
I asked and helped her stand-up carefully. She turned off the stove and turned around facing me.

"I'm cooking our dinner."
She said so casually like she was the best cook in this world and I bite my lips to stop the laugh that was threatening to escape my lips seeing our so called dinner.

"Who eats noodles in dinner? And why on earth are you cooking? And where are all maids?"
I asked eyeing the noodles which didn't look appealing at all and she looked down embarrassed.

"I gave leave to all the maids since I wanted to cook for you. And I only know how to cook noodles."
She replied still looking down and I contemplated her words. There wasn't a need to give leave to all the workers even if she wanted to cook and she seemed so distracted. I knew there was something else going on here. But I ignored my sixth sense which was alarming me and nodded silenty.

"Fine. Let's eat then because I'm so hungry. I'm going to change my clothes till then you set our dinner on table. Ok?"
I said and she gave me s positive nod.

I went toward my room all the while pondering over her weird behaviour. After I came out she had already set our dinner on table. We ate the noodles and then she made me a steaming cup of hot coffee.

"Are you alright?"
I asked her who was staring at the wall lost in her thoughts like it was something important.

"Do you love me?"
She asked and I looked at her shocked what was she saying.

"Of course I do sweetheart. How can you doubt my love for you."
I replied lovingly to which she gave me a blank expression.
Suddenly I felt my head heavy. My vision darkened and I felt dizzy.

"Then you should forgive me for this."
Dua said looking at me with cold eyes and I got up stumbled and confused as to what the hell was she talking about and what was happening to me.

" What are you talking about? Why am I feeling dizzy? My head felt heavy."
I whispered in hoarse voice clutching my forhead and rubbing it trying to clear the haze that formed in front of my eyes.

Suddenly realization hit my cloudy mind and I gasped.
"The coffee.... You..... You drugged me."
It wasn't a question rather it was a statement which confused me too. what was she doing? And why was she doing it?

"Indeed I did. It was so easy to fool the genius doctor Hashir Wali khan."
She laughed menacingly and I shuddered at her voice and my heart dropped. What on earth was she saying?

"Dua what are you..... You talking about?"
I asked trying to walk towards her but stumbled with the sofa and hit my forhead on it. I winced at the sharp pain I felt and tried to clutch my forhead with my fingers which get coated in crimson blood.

For a moment I thought I saw concern in her cold blue eyes or maybe I Imagine it but it again get replaced with a blank expression.
She sat in front of me on the sofa and looked towards me.

"You thought I loved you. How naive you can be Hashir? How can I fall in love with my father's enemy which I despise the most? "
She gritted her teeth and the scornful expression on her face nearly choked me.

"Why? Why are you saying that? Why you played Me?"
I asked my voice full of pain and before she could answer me another voice cut her off.