But oh, how he wished he could bear more of the physical, emotional, and psychological burden she was bearing - all of it, to give him those three precious little children that he already loved more than anything he had ever loved and cherished before. He loved them more than he could even explain, and felt like words couldn't do justice to the feelings of joy in his heart and soul.

When they went into the city, he insisted she wear a face covering to protect her from the harsh fumes - in truth, he would have preferred she stayed back at home where the air was clean, but alas, she demanded to be there when the items they knew they would need were bought. A stroller with enough room for all three. Three car seats, all the most secure and safe that money could buy. A bright pastel blue diaper bag for her and a brown leather one for him. Enough cute little onesies and pajamas to fill the whole closet, in those same colors - grey, green, and yellow. One color per child, to help them keep track of who's who if they end up being identical. Sheets, blankets, swaddles, and toys. So, so many toys. And books, that he had already started reading to them through her belly on those late nights when sleep escaped her from them moving about.

Soon after, they started talking about names.

Kenny, Kuchel, Isabel, Eren.

Esther, Renate, Kristina.

Erwin, and Hange.

But most importantly... Furlan. They agreed that no matter what - if they had a son, his name would be Furlan.

And today, they would find out if they were having sons, daughters, or some combination of the two.

Anya lay on the bed in Nathalie's examination room, naked except for a hospital gown that barely covered her - her rapidly expanding yet somehow still cute baby bump making the fabric stretch in ways that exposed her. Her body betrayed her as she realized she had pee for likely the 50th time that day, and waddled her way to the bathroom - which thankfully, was attached to the exam room - and back again. Hopping up onto the table as Nathalie watched her and let out a small laugh,

"I know it's not your first time being pregnant, but have you ever done this before, like - where you've actually seen it ?" she asked, a grin still twitching on her lips as she held up the ultrasound wand and a bottle of the gel she needed for the process. Anya shook her head in response, and Nathalie sighed, "Well, shit. Anya, you know it's gonna feel weird, and this stuff is gonna be cold, but just hold his hand. Both of you look at the screen, and after I'm done checking everything, I'll explain it all to you. Its normal to feel a lot of things, or nothing at all - everyone is different"

They both nodded in response, and she reached her hand out to his. He intertwined her fingers, and gave her a soft kiss on the cheek as their attention was diverted back to the screen mounted on the wall. Nathalie poured the sticky gel on Anya's belly, thoroughly coating it and the wand itself before taking a deep breath in, and breathing out slowly, "Are you ready?" she asked, and with both of them nodding in approval through pursed lips, she pressed the wand down to Anya's stomach.

Levi's breath immediately hitched upon seeing the three moving forms among the static on the screen, "Is that..."

He could feel his heart swell with joy, excitement, and even a touch of anxiety. The last time he had seen them, Anya was just revived from the brink of death itself and those precious, sweet lives were little bean shaped barely moving forms on the screen that Nathalie quickly turned from his view. But now? Now they looked human. He could make out their little heads, arms, and legs. He could see them moving, kicking their little legs and flailing their arms. They were all pressed together tightly on the screen, when one would kick or flail towards another, they would respond in turn. He couldn't help but smile at the sight.