Chapter 2 - Highschool = hellschool

The bell rang and all the students went inside. Everyone was there, the typical meangirls, the skaters, gothics and the nerds. Everyone in their own group. So young and already a part of a system, Lucy thought with a little bit of sympathy. Except for the meangirls ofcourse, Lucy hated those people. Although they didn't bully her literally, they obviously showed they weren't that fond of her. Just like the rest of everyone. Lucy always sat alone in class and no one wanted her in their group for gymclass. Lucy was invited to a party once, but there were hundreds of people there and Lucy didn't had a great time, especially when everyone got drunk except her.

Maybe Lucy's only reason to say she didn't like people her age, is to make herself believe she chose this lonely life of hers. Lucy loved her father, but deep inside she wanted to have that teenagelife with parties, boyfriends and alcohol. But she didn't want to sound pathetic and that's why she pretented to hate her classmates.

The first lesson was German, and Lucy sighed and sat down behind her desk. All the people walked in and ofcourse, the seat next to her remained empty. Lucy couldn't believe she still had a week to go and sat down on her chair sighing.
"Gutentag" The teacher said, not getting a response back. Or so she thought, because all of the sudden a soft "Gutentag" came from the hallway. Lucy looked up but saw no one. "Ah! Here we have the new student! Don't be shy, come in!" A shy, tall boy walked in the room, turning slightly red. A few girls at the back of the class gasped. Whispering voices began to fill the room and the boy became more awkward every second he stood there.
"Stilte Bitte!!" The teacher clapped her hands and the class became quiet. "Well, I suggest you introduce yourself to the class." She followed. The boy looked the class and for a few seconds, his eyes met Lucy's. Lucy startled of his intense look and suddenly felt a weird feeling in her stomach. He also acted weirder than before and their eyes met a few times more. Finally he spoke: "Hi, I'm Thomas and I moved here from Germany." "Well, I'm obliged to have you here, at least someone in this class knows a word German." The teacher said, with a little bit self-pity because of her selfburn: She wasn't that good in being a teacher. "Take a seat I would say." She nodded at the class. Thomas looked around, and the only empty space was next to a surprisingly looking girl, with a head turning more read as he came closer.

Ah, that's nice, exactly what I needed in this already terrible week, Lucy thought. She was a little bit socially-awkward, but around hot boys she could never act normal.

The lessons started. Lucy didn't dare to move her head a bit to look at the boy next to her. She hoped nobody could see her red head. After a long hour that felt like a year (well, only for Lucy then) The bell finally rang. Lucy took her stuff and tried to get out the class as fast as possible. But when she turned around to walk away, Thomas already stood in her way. "Hi, I'm Thomas," he stuck out his hand. "Yeah.. I know." Lucy said, struggling to hide her awkwardness. She was so ashamed of herself she immediately ran away, leaving the now speechless Thomas behind.

After realizing what she just did Lucy could cry out of embarrasment. Why could she never be normal to anyone?! She looked like a meangirl out of her class and the boy seemed so nice.

But now it was already too late and Lucy tried to continue her day like nothing happened.