chapter 35 | Red fruit

I follow her towards the front door, and she enters the house, making me do so as I cannot help but be curious about the inside. Once we are in, she turns the lights on and lets the house come within sight. That is indeed not very big, but it is still beautiful.

We both take our shoes and jackets off, and I let her lead me.

"So, here you have the bathroom," she points at the door on the left, then lifts her hand up to the right. "Here is the kitchen. Then the table to eat, the small desk for me to work," she walks forth after describing what is on our right. "Here is the living room, and then," she turns around to look up at the upper floor, and I see the mezzanine with her bed and a TV. "That's the bedroom, and you have a bathroom there as well. That's it."

"Well, that is cozy and pretty. I love it," I give my honest opinion, loving this place, despite the lack of room. This is more than enough for a single person. "Really? Thank you," she grins and puts her bag down on the sofa. "You can come whenever you want as well. I mean, you and the boys, with Bubble too will be a little too much, but yeah," she chuckles, and I comb my hair back. "I'll definitely come here when I'm free."

"Good," she walks back to the kitchen, so I follow her, not knowing where to go. "Would you want a drink?" she fills a glass with water, and I kindly decline. "No thanks, I don't want to have to pee on the way."

"True," she giggles but takes a sip. I smile and glance down at her dress, this one I told her was my favorite this morning, but I take my eyes off of her to not be a creep. I check the place out, hoping to get to see it again for other occasions. "What are you going to do tomorrow?" I ask, wondering what her decision is.

"I don't know," she leans back on the counter and looks up at me. "What do you think I should do?"

"Leave this job," I tell her with no hesitation, knowing what is the right thing to do. "And you decide what you do afterwards. Whether I give you a small job, or I give you money, and we both look for a new job together."

"What would be the small job?" she steps away and goes up to the sofa, turning the lights off to turn one lamp on and make it dim. "Taking care of Hyejoon instead of your cousin, but you won’t have to do it every day because Hajoon has started a training course, and he only goes there four times a week, and his schedule is different depending on the day," I sit down next to her. "Or you just take care of my baby kitten when I'm not home. Or..." I smile, already feeling bad for the sentence that just popped in my head. "You can give me some cooking lessons since you're better than me," I do not forget about the defeat of earlier after my own kids preferred her food.

She giggles in the cutest way ever. "Honestly, I can do them all if you want."

"Really? Like, I'm totally ready right now," I make sure she does not joke, and she nods to me to assert her statement. "Yes. It will just take me a few days to get everything in order, but I'd be happy to do this if you truly don't mind it."

"I wouldn't give you so many options if I didn't want you at my house, you know," I make it evident, and her expression answers for her. "Then, what do I have to sign? When do I start?"

"You can start whenever you're ready," I let her choose what is the best, not bothering her or pressuring her. "Could Hyuk still work like he does every day though? Or this won't be possible?"

"Uhm, well," I rub my hands together, not certain that I will be able to pay them both in this situation. "I earn a lot of money with my job, but paying you both for the same job will be a little difficult."