chapter 3 | Softness

- Next day -

Thursday, September 24th, 2020.

5:30 am.

My eyes open, the darkness of the morning still occupying the bedroom. The tiredness does not fade away but only makes my eyelids heavy, my body weak. I exhale sharply but roll on my back, feeling my wife by my side. I do not say or do anything, I grab my phone and check my schedule of the day.

I have to leave the house at eight today, but I have no time left to sleep more, y/n is about to be here, so I have to wake up. I lock my phone and get out of the blanket, wearing my pajama pants and nothing else, I stand up and move up to our closet to take my silk robe that matches with my pants, and I put it on.

I do not close it, I just leave the room and move downstairs to get in the bathroom first, before starting my usual morning routine.

10 minutes later...

I step out of the room after being done, and I move to the kitchen island. I take a look at the time but grab my cigarettes and lighter, being the only one awake, I open a window and light my cigarette up to relax and enjoy this moment since this is the only thing able to take my mind off. I take a drag on it, but the doorbell interrupts me. Expecting to see y/n, I head to the front door with some astonishment, and I open it.

This is her.

"Good morning," I greet her, but her reaction makes my heart melt, my appearance must have surprised her, and she could not conceal it. However, she bows to me to always show some respect, and I cannot hide or keep my pleasure to myself, I grin and let her in. "Good morning, Mister Jeon," she returns the kindness and takes her shoes off, so I take her jacket and hang it on the coat rack for her. "I'm glad to see you."

"Am I a bit too early? I'm sorry if I bothered you," she asks, probably disturbed by the sight of my pajama and bare torso. I take my cigarette away from my lips and answer her. "No, you're not. I just work one hour later, that's why I enjoy the morning a little more," I explain but gesture her to follow me to the kitchen, and I close my upper clothing. "Ah, all right."

"Does the smoke bother you?" I ask in order to make sure she is alright with this, and she shakes her head. "No, don't worry."

"Fine. I'm going to make some coffee, would you like a cup?" I stand before the coffee machine to make it, but my eyes land on her, seeing her in a white, oversized sweater with nothing to cover the rest of her bare legs. "No, thanks."

"Okay," I answer in a soft voice to have a soothing morning, and I place my favorite cup in the machine to let the liquid fill it while smoking. "I'm sorry for greeting you in those clothes, I didn't expect you to be here now," I decide to apologize about it since I would not want her to think I am a pervert, but her red cheeks betray her once she shrugs and smiles. "No, don't apologize. You're home, there's nothing wrong about it."

"I don't want you to feel uncomfortable, so I'm always going to ask whether you're fine with something or not," I chuckle but warn her, willing to make her feel home. "Don't worry, I'll never feel uncomfortable with you," she states but surprises me. The machine starts working right when I react to her words, and I grab my cup but keep my eyes on her. "That's a relief then."

She never exudes any uneasiness but makes me feel better. Seeing her truly brightened my day, I feared that she would not come back, no matter what she told me yesterday, there was still a hint of apprehension left in me.