chapter 13 | Hot skin

"What's the relationship between your dad and y/n?" his question gets me to peek at them, and I notice how physically close they both are again. "Just...I don't know...they're close because he treats her like his own daughter, why?"

"His daughter? Are you sure about that?" he doubts my point of view, and I realize that I might be wrong. "Yeah...he just cares about her a lot. He's always a bit more gentle and attentive to women, and y/n means a lot to him."

"Well, they seem very close. I know that your parents don't love each other anymore but dude, he does like to touch her," he disgusts me by sounding wrong, so I stop him. "Don't say this type of stuff. My dad is not like that."

"I didn't say he's like 'that', he just seems very close to this girl, and she obviously likes it, that's all," he states what I hate to hear, so I ignore and try not to think about it. I already told myself the same, but I always do everything to find a way to prove the opposite. My dad treats her like a daughter, nothing more, even if the relationship between him and my mom is pretty difficult, they can make up, it is just a hard time they have to go through, I'm sure of it. Y/n is too young anyway, he would never date a girl that could be his daughter.

•••

3:20 pm.

'YOUR P.O.V'

"Y/n," Hajoon asks for me, resting his arms over the edge of the pool on my right while I am sunbathing on a deck chair and pretending to read a book. "Hm?"

"Can you play with us, please?" he desperately tries once again, not giving up on this. "My clothes are going to be wet, and I don't want to be in a swimsuit, so no."

"Then let me lend you one of my t-shirts, we won't see your body, if that's what you're scared of," he pulls his wet hair back to reveal more of his features that are way too similar to his father's ones. I fix my eyes on him, his skin shining under the sun, he smiles at me to attempt to make me succumb, but I give the same expression and shake my head.

"Come on...and if my dad joins us? You won't refuse, am I wrong?" he coaxes me to do it with this argument. This sounds good, and he does know his dad would make me do everything he wants, but no. "Why do you think that would make me change my mind?"

"Because you never say no to him, and you're always close to him," he has a point. "You make me sound like an annoying girl."

"No, you're cute, but I'm just telling the truth," he uses the compliments, getting me to chuckle with amusement. I set my eyes back on him. "I won't get into that pool. Stop trying so hard to convince me."

"You're mean," he pouts and swims away. This will not work. "Dad!" he shouts and grabs his attention when this tall man is still taking care of the barbecue and grilling some meat and sausages for the boys. "What?" he turns around, and I cannot help but put my eyes on him. "Can you play with us? You'll be in my team, I want to show them how trash they are against us."

"Shut up, you're both gonna lose," one of his friends does not accept this, but Mister Jeon agrees with this. "I'm coming. Let me finish this."

"Okay," he looks in my direction. "Still don't want to play?" he insists, and I refuse without giving another answer. "Too bad."

All my attention didn't towards Mister Jeon once he comes closer. "Everything is cooked if you want to eat," he takes his top off, and I cannot even hold back from glancing down at his abs, but I quickly make up my mind once he can see me. "Can you keep this for me?" he hands me his t-shirt. "I don't want it to fly away."