chapter 9 | Your touch

10 minutes later...

I enter the emergency with y/n in my arms to make it easier for her, and I go towards the nurses to ask for some help, so one of them listen to what is happening and then tells me to wait, so I get to the seats and sit down with y/n. She does not move away as expected, she remains on my lap and rests her head on my chest, sweating and breathing hard as the pain seems agonizing. This is not good, and I am seriously sick worried at this point.

I hold her near since she obviously needs someone there to bring her some comfort, and I gaze down at her, I lift my hand up to her face and comb her hair back to put it properly. "Everything's going to be fine, okay? Don't be anxious about anything."

"It just...hurts...and I'm scared to not wake up..." she barely speaks out loud, her voice sounding feeble. "Why wouldn't you wake up, y/n? Hm? Nothing like that will happen."

She does not say anything more, so I keep quiet but see a doctor approach us. "Hello, you can follow us. We'll bring her on a bed."

I stand up to do as told, and he leads me to one of the hospital beds with the nurse I talked to a few minutes ago. "You're a doctor, is that right?" he questions me, and I nod. "That is amazing for her. I'm doctor Sung, I'll take care of her."

I do not say anything but lay y/n on the bed that we stopped at, he closes the curtains to be left alone, and he takes his tablet. "Let's start right away, can you tell us your name? Your age?" he addresses her when she's not in a great state to do it, so I take care of doing it. "Y/n. She's twenty, she has been in pain for a few days as she told me, and she located it on the right side of her stomach, but it began at her belly button. What worries me the most is that she told me the pain went away a little, so I would like you to do the necessary work to check if she has a ruptured appendix."

He listens carefully to what I say and writes at the same time, making me hope he will do a perfect job. "Okay, the symptoms seem pretty clear to me, but I'm going to touch it and see how it feels," he puts her tablet aside and steps closer to give her his attention, and I watch what he does.

"I'm going to check up on the spot that hurts, okay? So tell me if you cannot stand it, or where it's the worst," he looks at her and lifts her clothing up, so she nods to him, and I remain near.

Once he lays his hands on her stomach, she shuts her eyes, and all I ask for is to see this come to an end to get rid of what she is going through. "There," she reacts to his touch. "It hurts way too much there, don't, please..."

"All right, I won't," he leaves her alone, to my greatest relief. "I do suspect appendicitis or ruptured appendix, but we need to do exams to be sure," he puts her clothing back properly, and he takes a peek at his nurse, before looking at y/n. "You are going to be transferred to a room where you'll stay, and a doctor will come to ask you a few more questions and do the exams, okay? There's no need to worry about anything, they won't touch it."

"Okay," she understands, and he gives her a kind smile, before retreating. "I'll see you later," he directs his eyes towards me, his lips turn up with respect, and I return it as much as I can, even though I can feel some ache in my chest.

He leaves us, and the nurses move the bed to bring y/n to a room, but she immediately reacts by shooting her eyes up towards me. "You're staying, right?"

"Yes, I am. Stay calm," I put her mind at rest and follow the bed since I am allowed to do so.

•••

5:20 pm.

'YOUR P.O.V'

I open my eyes, feeling weak and extremely tired. The only thing that greets me is the hospital room at first, but then, once I turn my head to the left, I catch sight of the man who's been taking care of me more than any other one did.