chapter 10 | Angel

30 minutes later...

'JUNGKOOK'S P.O.V'

The time telling me to put an end to this moment with her, my mood drastically changes, but I must respect the doctors here. "Well," I clear my throat and force a smile. "I have to go," I cannot hold back from stroking her hand, feeling some ache inside at the sight of her in this hospital bed, without anyone to talk to. "Take care and call a nurse if you're not feeling good. Text me and call me as well, I'll be there to answer you and talk. Okay?"

"Okay," she obviously struggles to hide her disappointment, so I keep her hand in mine while standing up, and I gaze at her. "Don't be worried or anything. I'll come back tomorrow in the morning."

"No need to, Mister Jeon. Don't be tired, please," she gives me invalid excuses, and I smile but let go of her. "You won't change my mind," I manage to make her giggle in a cute manner, but since I don’t want to be disrespectful towards the hard workers here, I bend forth, run my finger through her hair, and press a kiss on her forehead. "Have a good night, sweetheart. See you tomorrow."

"See you, Mister Jeon. Have a good night as well and be careful on the road," she makes my heart melt without even knowing, and I compel myself to leave. I smile at her one last time, and I grab my phone and keys to step towards the door. I open it, turn around, not handling this type of situation, I wave at her and sends her a flying kiss, before eventually going out.

I hope it won't be too difficult for her.

•••

6:40 pm.

I enter the house without being too loud, and as expected, no scent of food fills my nose to make me feel warm at home. I close the door behind me and take my shoes off, but Hajoon runs down the stairs. "How is she doing?"

"She's fine," I answer him and put my keys down, but once I see the person I despise, I ask him to go back into his bedroom and wait for me to call him for dinner. He does not complain, he does as told, and I walk in the kitchen, where she is.

"Where were you?" she dares to ask me. "I was with y/n, but Hajoon already told you so don't pretend to know. What did you tell her this morning?"

"This morning? When you were sleeping on the bed because you got drunk again?" she does not turn around to face me but keeps on washing her cup. "I asked you a question."

"I told her to behave more properly in my house, nothing else. Why? Did she come up to you and whine?" she does not even feel any empathy for this young girl who never did anything wrong, making me loath her even more. "I do not want you to talk to her that way again. Got it? I'm the one who hired her, I'm the one paying the bills, so you do not have a word to say about her and her behavior in this house when she respects me more than you do and tries her best."

My words echo through the room without even getting to her. She sneers. "You, men, do not even see when a girl is just trying to get attention, or maybe you do," she turns around, looking at me with disdain. "And that's why you defend her so much. She's your little pet, she's young, she does whatever you tell her to do like your puppy and acts so innocent too. That's what you like, don't you? Did she suck your dick that you like her so much?"

I cannot believe what I'm hearing from her. She's not the same person anymore. "Do you even know what it is to have a normal discussion like an adult? Being disgusting and immature is the only thing you're able to do?"

"Fuck you, all right?" she says, staring into my eyes and not even glancing away. "Just go and care about that bitch only since she's the only thing you care about. That fucking little bitch who could be your daughter."