T-W-E-N-T-Y T-H-R-E-E

T W E N T Y   T H R E E

"You and I had a conversation about your behavior on your first day back to work, Agatha. I told you there was not going to be any more chances, yet you went and hit Ian, repeatedly I might add," my uncle reminded me of my violent act for the second time today since this conversation started when he interrupted my morning jog.

I sat at my dinner table, staring out the window watching the clouds turn dark, not knowing what else to say about the matter. I know I was wrong, and I also know the promise I made to my uncle in order for me to return to work. Yet, here we were.

"I know my behavior was not acceptable, but I don't regret doing it. He deserves more than getting his nose broken,"

After Hen reluctantly checked Ian yesterday after the incident, she found that I had fractured his nose in two different parts. At the thought, I absentmindedly rubbed my now bruised knuckles.

I heard Bobby sigh from the other end of the line. I could tell he was growing tired of my bullshit, and I couldn't blame him for it. I was losing control of myself, and I didn't know how to stop it.

   "I'm not saying he didn't deserve to get hit, Agatha. I'm just saying I have to report the incident to the Chief,"

   "Uncle Bobby, I understand that what I did was wrong and should be punishable by all means, but you know I'm close to closing Maia's adoption. I can't have that on my record, please," I begged, shaking my head even though he couldn't see me.

   The last time I spoke to the social worker, she told me that she didn't see any reasons for the adoption agency and the department to deny the adoption request, but now with this, the story will be different. She was even excited that Evan was willing to do everything on his end to adopt Maia too, eventually.

"I wish I could turn my head to the other side and pretend nothing happened while I was in charge during the shift, but Ian already opened an assault report against you with Human Resources," Bobby sighed.

"He did what?" Evan questioned from the kitchen. The annoyed look he had on his face mimicked the one I had on mine right now. Of course Ian went and decided to play the victim when he has been the one tormenting me since he got to California.

"Why am I not surprise that fucking asshole did that? He should've died in that damn fire," I cursed, half throwing my phone against the table. I winced remembering that before I left for my jog I left Maia sleeping and that I had the phone on speaker. 

"Agatha," my uncle warned, but I didn't care. Ian just wants to make my life miserable since I don't want to be with him. I have realized that his mentality sees it as if he can't have me then I can't be happy.