T-W-O

T-W-O

     "Getting ahold of you was kind of mission impossible, you know? All the rare small updates we got about you were from Bobby, and well, Buck," Eddie cleared his throat, looking between Evan and me.

     "About that, I didn't have the chance to say this earlier, but I hope none of you got offended that I didn't answer any of your calls or messages." I sighed, my eyes staring out the window. "I needed some time away from everyone and everything after what happened during that call."

     No matter how many times I apologized to them or the multiple times I tried talking about it during my therapy sessions, I still hated myself for putting all of the team in danger. Whenever I close my eyes, I can still see their panic looks haunting me.

     "Honey, we aren't and never were mad at you for what happened that day. It could've happened to any of us; you know that, right?" Hen patted my leg, trying to reassure me.

     "Hen is right, and besides, we are used to it. Just ask Buckaroo over here how many times he has done something completely reckless and stupid during calls putting all of us in danger just because he wanted to feel like the hero. At least you had a medical excuse."

     "Chimney," Hen threw him a disapproving look while Eddie chuckled at the comment, and Chimney acted as if he did not say anything wrong.

     "Ha, funny," Evan said sarcastically.

From the corner of my eyes, I watched as he texted someone. His fingers were moving fast against the screen of his phone. I tried not to jump to conclusions or anything, but I found it weird that he has been on his phone since we left the station. Perhaps I was right before, and he has found someone else forgetting entirely about me. I wanted to be mad and hurt, but it was my fault for pushing him away in the first place.

     "Anyway, what is the deal with the whole Chloe and Ian mess?" Eddie changed the subject, making me wince after I felt Evan stiffen next to me at the mention of Ian's name. "The last thing we heard was that the judge kept pushing back the court hearing."

     "Um, they did the whole thing through a video call. All charges against me from the truck driver's family were dropped, so in that sense, I'm out of the woods. Still, my lawyer wants me to join the victim's family and press charges against Chloe," Awkwardly shifting on my seat, I looked away from Evan's dim phone screen and set my eyes on Eddie. "If I'm honest, I'm done with this whole thing. It has been so exhausting, and it won't make me feel any better doing such a thing after she took away a lot of things from my life." I sighed as my eyes found themselves back on Evan. My fingers twitched while I tried to resist touching his face.

Out of all the things that I have lost, he has been the one that hurt the most. "Chloe has suffered enough already, and I don't want to be adding to that suffering."