T-H-I-R-T-E-E-N

T H I R T E E N

T H I R T E E N

A persistent throbbing in my head woke me up from a deep sleep. As my eyes fluttered open, my body felt heavy and exhausted.

     Where the hell was I?

     A sensation of panic ran through my body, not knowing where I was, but after a quick second, I realized that I was not in my house but at the bunk room in the fire station.
The feeling of something tightening around my waist made me jerk up on the small bed.

     "Ow!"

     I quickly stood up from the bed to realize that I elbowed Ian, who was in a twin-size bed cuddling with me two seconds ago. "Ian, what are you—"

     "Sorry, did I woke you up?" He rubbed the area on his chest where I elbowed him. "I know that face. Calm down. We are at work. Nothing happened."

        "Why in the world were you laying with me? You have your own private room in here," I swallowed hard before looking around me.

What would people think if they saw me sleeping in the arms of my Lieutenant? Actually, what would Evan think? The thought of him seeing such a scene made me slightly sick.

     "You don't remember what happened?" Ian sat up on the bed. His eyebrows furrowing together while he looked over at me.

   I shook my head. The last thing I remember was being at a five-alarm fire call and getting Evan out of the burning building.

   Oh God, what happened to Buck?

    "Agatha, take a seat. You look like you are about to pass out," He grabbed my hand, pulling on it until I plopped down on the empty spot next to him. "You had a breakdown last night after we got Buck out of the building. I found you on the floor screaming and crying uncontrollably alone in a corner,"

I took a deep breath in as images from last night started to rush in. I remember checking Evan's vitals with Hen. How all of a sudden, I started to feel sick and then my mom's death.

    "Where's Evan?"

    "Bobby took him to the hospital to follow protocols just to be certain he's okay,"

    "Why did no one told me?"

    "Agatha, you couldn't even walk on your own. Eddie had to practically carry you," Ian shook his head. The grip he had on my hand loosening. "We are also in the middle of a pandemic. They wouldn't have let you in with him even if you tried."