T-W-E-N-T-Y T-W-O

T W E N T Y   T W O

T W E N T Y   T W O

  "Alright, it will be better if we split up in teams. Eddie, Buck, take the north side. Agatha and Ian, you two will be taking the south side of the neighborhood. If you see the turkey, don't approach it. Animal Control should be on its way," Uncle Bobby instructed after we answered a call at a neighborhood where a wild turkey was on the loose after attacking its owner along with some neighbors.

   "Oh, please don't hurt Sonny!" The owner begged while Hen tried to assess his injuries.

Cursing under my breath, I walked over to the truck to retrieve my medical bag in case we encounter more victims. Of course, I had to be stuck with Ian today out of all the days. The day that my emotions are all over the place.

   "Want me to switch partners with you?" asked Eddie as he approached me with Evan trailing right behind. 

  I shook my head. "I have to work with him either I want to or not, but thanks,"

"Don't bite his head off," Buck nodded towards Ian, who was talking to my uncle while looking our way, probably waiting for me to hurry up.

  "I won't make any promises," I eyed the pointy halligan tools in one of the truck compartments. They looked so tempting right now. Following my gaze, Evan slammed the compartment door shut.

  "You sure you want to marry her, Buck?" Eddie teased between chuckles. My eyes grew wide at his words.

"You told him?" I exclaimed, poking my babbler mouth boyfriend, who had an adorable guilty look on his face.

"Come on, Aggs. It's Eddie," he said, trying to defend himself. "Plus, hey, you told Marjan,"

"I didn't want to tell her until it was official. She practically bullied me into spilling it out,"

After Evan and his kind of proposal a few weeks ago, we agreed to keep it between us until we made it official. In one of my video chats with Marjan, she noticed something different in me and bullied me until I had no other choice but tell her the truth. I have always been a tough cookie to crack, something I got from my military father, but when it came to keeping a secret from that woman, I had zero control whatsoever.

"In Buck's defense, I knew before he even knew himself. He has been looking at you with those googly sick eyes since the night he met you," Eddie pointed out. "Oh, don't give me that look, Buck. Even Christopher noticed. You two have been in love with each other since day one. You were just too stubborn and blind,"

"Are you three done yapping?" Ian hollered, motioning for us to get going. I gave the guys a look before I finished grabbing my things.