'We have trouble getting information. Here in the Court of Nightmares.'

'It seems that Keir is gaining an upper hand on some of the people in the Hewn City and we need to know what he might be planning. Keir has alway been a power-hungry man and we know he does not appreciate the outcome of our union.' , the High Lady continued. Concern shortly waved up inside me, but knowing it was the inner circle I thought about, I knew they would be able to solve any problem.

'Azriel spies can't find anything relevant information and some of those he sends out don't come back. In fact, we know Keir is planning revenge but we do not know in which way or rather how he wants to take over the power he always wanted. We taught about a way to get information from the inside, one who provides us with hints or facts we don't know about.' , the High Lord announced. He looked at me like a normal High Fae,  showing his true emotions in his eyes and the concern in his voice. He changed into someone not to be afraid of, at least not as much anymore. He looked more peaceful, as if he didn't like the performance he had just done but still. He was our High Lord. And I would go to hell if I should ever make him angry.

'And now you want me as a spy?', I asked out and had to keep from laughing out loud. Me and spy, that was ridiculous. The fear pushed inside of me again, making it hard for me to not cry or laugh hysterically. This idea was, dare I say it, stupid. Neither did I have the abilitys nor the right traning in how to gain the upper hand in a conversation. I hated every conversation I needed to participate in, due to the fact, that I just hated people, especially these from the Hewn City, in general.

'What could I even ask for or accomplish? I'm just a pros...'
Well, I was embarrassed to say it out loud. These people before me did so much for our court and I did nothing but fuck my way through it and get my money. That was absurd. Hiring a prostitude to get information? It seemed like a plan which will most likely fail. And then again, why me?

'We know that', said the High Lady sympathetically. Somehow that made it worse. I did not need anyone worrying and pitying about me because I choosed to be a prostitude. It was just the way it worked down here. Sadly yes, but there was no escape.
'But that may be exactly what we need.' I looked at her in confusion.
'In what way?'
'Well', the High Lord said, 'who better to get information than you? The situation is slow and no one thinks you could be spying. That's why they'll continue to take you up on your offer, even if today was a little over the top.'
He threw a glare at Azriel, who just looked bored before looking at me. I could have sworn I saw a glint in his eyes, one that expressed how much he actually enjoyed the whole situation today.

'How will these people not know i'm spying for you? You literally choosed me in front of the whole Court of Nightmares. It makes a statement.' My reasoning was from value. How should I spy if anyone was expecting a connection from what just now happend?

'They won't. Due to the fact of you being a prostitude, people will think only one thing. We all know how the Hewn City thinks, know in which way many men will see you now. You were choosen openly because we wanted to. To attract attention to you, make you involved with the most important people of the Hewn City. It gives you credit for diving into the higher ranges of Hewn Citys men and important contact persons.'

'So you already think I would say yes? What if i do not want to accept? People will force themselves upon me?'

'Then we have spies which will protect you from any harm. It is a choice which lays by you and only you. If you don't want to compete in our offer, than that's okay. If you do, well, then everything would work out as we did, indeed, planned.'

I took a breath.

'But how could I ever get information out of people? I don't know anything about spying.'

'That's what we have Azriel for. He would teach you how to do that and train you some basic defenses. When you're ready, we can talk about how far you can reach people with the information we need. Do you think you can do that for us?' asked Rhysand.

'But what is the issue behind it? What do you actually need a spy for? You're the inner circle.' I asked curiously, before leaning back in my chair a bit.

'I can't tell you that now, Jenna. Here are too many listening ears, who just wait for a bit of useful information to go against us. But when you accept, then i can give you some more information. Somewhere else, more protected by my charms and spys. So i will ask you again. Do you think you can do that for us?'

'What would that do for me? Where is my advantage if I choose to agree to this?' I asked stubbornly. They had actually convinced me yes, I mean a little risk would be an interesting alternative. But i would also risk my life if I would be spying for them and I actually wanted to last a little longer than now. I needed to make sure that I was being protected and secure. Surely I wouldn't say yes to them if I should handle all of this issue by myself.

'What would it bring for you?' Cassian, the general, now laughed and looked at me. I had hardly noticed him, since he had also retreated.

'First, you get self-defense training. Second, you can fuc...'
'Second', the High Lady intervened while I glared at Cassian,
'You get a place with us in Velaris. We would offer you a home and protection, also for your ongoing future. A second chance, if you will. Or rather a new start in another city, a new life.'

My heart raced in my chest, signaling my upcoming exciement. A new life? My hands buried themselves into the fabric of my dress, as I let myself think of this future. In Velaris, a home, a life, my goal coming true. It would give me everything I worked for.
A place where I would be safe and away from this  horrid city. That would be fantastic, just brilliant, everything I wished for. Away from this horrible court, away from my parents, away from this torture I went trough every day. It didn't take long for me to decide.

'Ok. I'll do it', I said without much thinking and looked at each of them.
'I'll do it', I repeated and saw a slow but friendly grin forming on their faces.