Part Five: 29th December

Once glimpse of the calendar and all the feelings you had shoved into a deep dark part of your mind trickled out in the form of tears.

Silent tears.

The kind of tears you cry when the silence of the night gets unbearable.

The kind where you suppress the sound of your wail and hopelessly try and mute any kind of sniffle by pressing your face hard into the pillow because you don't want to wake anyone up.

Silent tears are the most painful of tears when mixed with the sound of the clock ticking.

For some bizarre reason, every second gets more prolonged than the other.

You had tried to hold it together for days. You tried to pretend like Draco's engagement didn't bother you.

But it did.

You turned your head on your very damp pillow and eyed the pack of smokes on your night stand. Draco had left when he came to drop off your present.

On an impulse, You stepped out of your bed as your trembling fingers reached for the 25 pack of expensive looking cigarettes.

The second you opened the box, the slight scent of nicotine wafted up your nose and you slowly placed a cigarette at the corner of your chapped and dry lips and lit it up.

Like always, you coughed and wheezed the second you inhaled.

You hated how it felt.

But you loved how close you suddenly felt to Draco.

In a twisted kind of way, It felt like you were submerged in his presence again.

Your lips tasted like they had been kissed by him again.

The more you inhaled the better it felt.

In a fucked up kind of way, The word felt right again. 

And slowly, the night faded into morning as one cigarette turned into another.