Part Five: 24th December

Home was just the way you'd remembered it.

From the Goldchild Ivy covering the white colored walls and the stepping stones leading all the way to the main entrance to the way your parents kept nagging you about your "future" with Adrian Pucey.

"You still haven't told me what kind of dress you'd like to wear to the ball." Your mum reminded you after taking a small sip from her wine glass.

"I don't know mother." You sighed,stabbing repeatedly at the sautéed mushroom on your plate. "Can't I wear something I already own? Like the blue one I wore last year."

"Well, what is Adrian wearing? May I suggest some colour coordinating?"

"I really don't know mother." You coughed.

"Well, why don't you ask him?"

"I can't." You mumbled dropping your fork on your plate. The loud clanging sound earned you an eyebrow raise from your otherwise quiet father.

"Why not?"

"We broke—we aren't seeing each other anymore." You said quietly before quickly standing up and dismissing yourself from the dining table before your parents could ask you a thousand questions.

As you walked away from the table and towards the balcony, you could still hear your parents calling after you while simultaneously speculating about just what you may have done to scare Adrian away.

You weren't going to tell them about Draco because you weren't even sure what to tell them.

I broke up with Adrian because I'm sleeping with Draco Malfoy.

Yes, the one that is getting engaged soon.

No we're not together.

I may or may not have developed feelings for him.

Yes, it is inconvenient because I have no idea how he feels.

Did I mention he is getting engaged?

You tugged on the sleeves of your sweater to warm your hands up as you stared up at the surprisingly clear night sky splattered with only a few clouds and shimmering stars.

You took it upon yourself to start counting the stars to distract yourself from thinking about Draco again.

Unbeknownst to you, Draco was standing on the balcony of his room trying not to think of you too.

The only difference for him was that the sky was a little less cloudy where he lived and he wasn't going to bother counting stars.

"Happy Christmas Draco." You whispered to yourself,staring at the shiny emerald ring on your finger.

"Happy Christmas Y/n." Draco mumbled into the night air as he fidgeted with your amethyst ring.