Part Five: 28th December

A/n: Mature Content Warning. Reader Discretion is advised

Lightning crashed. Thunder clapped.

Fat drops of rain started to fall on the enormous glass window in Draco's bedroom.

You placed your finger on the glass as you watched the infinite droplets race all the way to the bottom of the window.

The howling winds brought in the scent of wet grass and sent the dark curtains flying in all different directions.

You took in the smell of fresh rain and sighed sinking blissfully into his embrace.

Lucius and Narcissa were away, preparing for the upcoming ball and Draco had owled you asking to meet.

And so, both of you were now sitting on the windowsill in his room that was much larger than the one in the abandoned classroom.

In fact, it was so spacious that it served as his own personal reading nook—complete with a velvety throw blanket and some cushions.

His hands held open a book and you let yourself get comfortable between his long limbs, still counting raindrops on the window.

"What are you doing?" He asked looking towards you and away from the worn out pages of his book.

"I'm watching the raindrops race each other." You said with your eyes still fixed on the glass. "infinite little droplets."

"It's just rain." He shrugged as his eyes went back to his book. "Quite mundane if you ask me."

Sure rain was mundane.

But this rain felt different. It sent you into a state of melancholia.

You couldn't dare to tell him but those infinite droplets resembled the amount of times you'd wanted to tell him that you loved him.

Even though you couldn't find the courage to tell him, it was like the look in your eyes gave it all away.

It made his features soften as he slowly shifted and got up from the nook to fully open the window.

You shielded yourself as cold drops of rain started to hit your face. "What in the actual fuck?"

"Shut up and follow me." He said as he climbed out of the window and onto the ledge.

"Are you mental?"

"Just do as I say." He said helping you onto the ledge.

Both of you laughed hysterically as the rain seeped through your clothes as you sat on the ledge with your bare feet dangling in the air.

One wrong move and both of you could fall to our deaths. But there came an adrenaline rush with the risk of it all.

He pushed away the hair sticking to your face and brought your face close to his before pressing his rain soaked lips to yours.

Theo was right.

He was fucking enamoured.

~~~~~~⚜️~~~~~~~~

After coming back inside, you walked into his ensuite to fix your ruined hair and cast a quick drying charm to your clothes before heading home.

You had barely managed to pick at the tangles in your wet hair when an equally soaked Draco walked up behind you—clothes sticking to his toned body and hair sticking to his face.

"Draco. Sorry for hogging the mirror. I thought I'd be done sooner but these tangles are—hmmm."

He wrapped his arms around your waist from behind you and pressed his cold lips against the base of your neck.