lights, camera, acción

Emilys POV:

i walk down the spiral staircase, all eyes on me. i felt like such a baddie. the room had the highest ceilings, with the fanciest dining table set up ever and finest china. there was at least 100 people, and all of their attention was on me. i look to my far left to see florence staring at me, smirking slightly. i smile back to her, nodding. she's standing next to zayn, the only one not staring at me. i was so tired of him playing hard to get.

liam and louis were on the other side of the room, also looking at me. i smiled at them, and they only half smiled, which was ok for now.

halfway down the stairs, i slip and tumble down the rest of the way. everyone gasps as i back roll all the way down, and now all of their attention really is on me. god, why do i have to be so quirky and socially awkward🥺 once i felt confidence in myself, i'd always screw it up💔 no matter how hard i try, i'll never escape the fact that i will always be the quirky outsider that's different from everyone else.

i land at the bottom of the stairs on my back, and everyone lets out one final gasp. i then see a flash and the sound of a camera flashing, and i turn over my broken and bruised neck to see zayn holding his phone and taking a picture. what kind of enemies to lovers trope was he trying to do???

"my daughter," my dad reaches his hand out to help me off the floor🥺 "it's ok, everyone makes mistakes." he winks, and i smile.

"i don't." zayn buds in.

my dad leads me to my seat, right next to his, where he sits at the very edge of the very long dining table. people are chatting, eating fancy hors d'oeuvres and glasses of champagne. "i want to talk to you about your training..." he makes eye contact with me, pointing his fingers.

i laugh a little. what was this, princess charm school😂. "training?"

"yeah, rike-Erica! that dress rooks rovery!" he loses his attention to me and walks over to some woman named erica, whoever the FUCK that is. it didn't matter, i could talk to him later and it would all be fine. i know some things have been sus, but i trusted my dad. he was my family, he wouldn't hurt me. then again, so was florence.

"hey!" florence meets behind me, hissing into my ear.

"yes?" i ask.

"remember tonight. that's all." she says.

anyways.

"yeah, i know, flo." i shook my head. "you know, i think you're being a little dramatic about the fact that i'm being watched everywhere i go. just saying."

"what?"

"maybe people just like me. maybe dad is trying to protect me."

"dad is doing the opposite of protecting you!" she raises her voice, slapping her mouth. she gets a few stares, and she looks around, awkwardly smiling. "he's not protecting you because he's making sure you're safe!" she saves herself, and everyone nods approvingly. "did you just see that? did that just seem like they weren't about to kill me at any second?"

"no, us...wait, what's our last name?"

"smith."

"ooh. spicy."

"yeah."

"anyways, us smiths are just great at getting attention. even if it's bad. like, look, zayn is always all over me!" me and flo both turn around to see zayn flirting with another girl. she's taller than him and is built like a barbie, with long blonde hair and a long satin dress. i was so sick of him playing hard to get with me.

she was perfect, unlike me💔

as the night went on, people seemed to be more and more fascinated by me. i told them my life story about 5 times, and each time people were more intrigued. they also liked how i was a musician, and asked me to play. shy little me declined the offer, because although i was arguably better than beyoncé, i could never perform. not even in front of my stuffed animal, rodrick.

finally, i did get some alone time with my dad.

"now, what was i saying earier? oh yes, your training..."

"do i have to balance books on my head?" i joke.

"haha, no. idiot daughter. you have assassin training."

"huh?" my face goes white.

"you're already far behind, and if you want to be in the mafia you have to be skillfully trained."

no. no. no. assassin training? as in assassinating? as in killing? no, i couldn't be like these people. i could never. i wanted to be a princess, not black widow!

"daddy, no offense, but i cant accept this offer...sorry."

"sweetums." he puts his wrinkly hand on mine. "it's not an offer." he squeezes my hand a bit too tight. a chill goes down my spine as i watch as he walks away.

i check the time, yikes! 12:05! i have to meet flo!

i take off my heals, running over to the lighthouse. "florence! sorry i'm late! dad just told me something crazy!" i say, flushed.

"emily..."

"he wants me to be an assassin, i cant...i cant..." i begin hyperventilating, holding my chest as it tightens up.

"emily, breathe."

"i'm trying!"

she holds me in her arms as i calm down.

"emily, i'm going to tell you something big, and you have to promise me you can take it."

"i don't know if i can!" i cry, and she slaps me in the face.

"you have to!" she screams into my face, and i nod.

"come out." she sighs, and i give her a confused look.

i see a shadow figure coming closer to us, until he came into the light. his head is down, but he has matted brown hair, a ripped black shirt on. he is covered in tattoos and bruises. who could this possibly be!?!?!?

he then lifts his head, and he's finally revealed.

omg...

it's bucky barnes.

JK it's harry!

omg...it's harry...