what if i told you i feel like i know you

Emily's POV:

although i was defo not in the mood, i still had to go dress shopping for friday dinner with my dad. i had planned to tell him about simon and how he was a bad guy, and maybe he would be executed just like...boy, no, MAN who will not be named...💔

i decided to keep my hopes up, that simon was lying. maybe simon and my dad were close, but my dad was my father for gods sake, he had to believe me over that ugly bastard. he had too. this was my only shot at revenge after what happened to harry, to take the weight of guilt off my shoulders. maybe i wouldnt be able to bring him back...but i had to bring him justice. even if he did toy with my heart, we had something wether it was fake or not. it was something.

my father said i needed an escort, so he had some girl named florence take me, along with zayn. florence was pretty, but she was also tuff. she was strong and brave and didn't take anyone's bs. i wanted to be her. i had this sort of connection to her, it was weird😅 i just really admired her, i guess.

i quickly found out why zayn came along. florence did not have a passion for fashion, like, at all. it was horrendous.

"what about this one?" i picked up an indigo dress with lace and puffed sleeves.

i thought it was gorgeous, something a real princess would wear.

"this isn't the medieval times, emily. it's just a regular dinner party, can you pick something a little bit more appropriate. just because right now you have the fancy room doesn't mean you're royalty, i hope you know that."

right now?

"right, of course." i laugh nervously, putting it down. she scared me so much, i just wanted her to like me. a girl finally around my age, yet we were totally different.

zayn then walks in, clearing the tension. he's wearing black pants and a black button up dress shirt, with a fancy watch. i began to notice a theme in the boys attire...

"hi, zayn." i smile, waving.

"ok." he turns over to florence. "how long do we have to do this for? i just made a deal and some guys are on my ass, so i gotta get out of here soon before they find me."

"yes, of course. i'll tell the jet to come pick us up and we can shop somewhere else."

"jet!?" i exclaim, and zayn hisses at me. mmm slytherin😩

the jet arrives soon, and we get on, going across the lake to a small but wealthy town. it's all so beautiful, but this whole situation just becomes more unsettling.

we go to a few stores, but i cant find anything. what can i wear that'll be good enough for quite possibly the most important moment of my life?