"If he don't propose by New Years then Imma whoop his ass. I mean it." She gets up from her chair and I nod my head quickly. "Don't let him trap you if he won't marry you.." She looks me up and down one last time before unlocking the door and letting my next patients in.

I greet them nicely as I watch her walk out the door.

___________
DION POV:

This fucking crib.

This the second hour I've been tryna piece this bitch together and I swear I'm bout to just gorilla glue this shit in place.

I pick up the screwdriver and start undoing two wooden plants that didn't belong together, "Fucking instructions in German.. how the fuck imma read that?! Don't no niggas live in Germany." My hands gripped the pieces as I ripped them apart and tossed them back on the carpet.

My phone ringing beside me almost made me snap as I picked it up and and answered it, "What?! Damn!" I yell and instantly yelling from the other end makes me shut up.

"YOU CHICKEN NECKED BIG FOREHEADED WANNA BE USHER ASHY ASS LIL BOY!!" Tasha's scream made me jump as she started going off, "YOU MEAN TO TELL ME ALL THAT STRESSIN OVER A RING WAS FOR MOTHER FAWKIN NOTHING?!" Tashas loud voice made me flinch as I moved the phone away from my ear. She wasn't done as she took in a big breath, "You dont spent how long buying balloons, a dress, the FUCKING RING, and trying to make reservations for you to not even ASK?! What the FUCK are you waiting for Dion?!" My lips stuttered as I tried to take in everything she was saying.

"I-I don't know! The perfect time?! It was just Christmas two days ago and it didn't feel right! Then she told me she was pregnant and now I really gotta rush and I have less time!" I yelled back and tried to clear my name but I knew she wasn't buying it as she sucked her teeth, "Mmcht. You could have asked her before or sumn! Jocelyn wouldn't care if you asked her in a grocery store! You might as well do it when she gets home!" She snaps and I sigh loudly, running a hand down my face.

"It doesn't matter if she doesn't care. She deserves a good proposal. I'm not settling for sumn lame and acting like that shit is okay." I snap back and get up from my place on the rug. "Well why don't you do sumn on New Years?? You have 2 days to make a reservation. Everything else is set up perfectly at this point." I nod my head and make my way to my office, "Where? She doesn't even like expensive food. Last time we left Le Coo Cue because she said it didn't taste like anything." I sigh loudly remembering the bill I argued to not pay because the nasty food.

"Then get a fucking balcony hotel and order her favorite foods. Eat and watch fireworks! Simple! Or get a fucking boat! Either way you need to propose ASAP." She snaps and I roll my eyes, "Nah fr? I ain't peep." I snap back and listen to her groan on the other end.

"Imagine how Jocelyn feels right now. She just left two abusive relationships to live in New York with a bachelor hot guy who knocks her up and hasn't even hinted at a ring!" She almost screams, "You know how terrified she is to push for a ring because she doesn't want to scare you away?" My heart drops as Tasha yells.

I knew she wanted a ring but to be scared to lose me?..

"I-I didn't know! She was so chill about it!" I tried to reason but we both knew I was at fault. My hand moves to my desk draw and I open it, seeing the small black box inside, "I'm going to ask her on New Years.. Just make sure she doesn't lose hope.." I sigh softly.

"I will.. Don't fuck this up. She deserves her happy ending, Dion." Tasha snaps before the line cuts, leaving me in my silence.

I pop open the black box and look at the sparkling ring, "Two days.. That's all I need." I pick my phone up and text Tasha as I rush out to the front door.

ME: Call Her favorite nail spot. Set an appointment for 5. Her hair place for 6:30.. I'll handle everything else.

Tasha: Good. I'm on it.

I snatched up my car keys as I rushed out the house, "Fuck I gotta buy a boat." I rush back inside and grab my wallet off the side table.
___________

AUTHORS NOTE:
Ah true love~ so sweet~ mwa mwa~

AUTHORS NOTE: Ah true love~ so sweet~ mwa mwa~

AYEEE WE REACHED A MILLI READS!! LETS GOOO 😩❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️