Run Boy Run (I)

Vanya went to make coffee. Five explained to me everything that he said to Vanya. He went to the future and saw the world's end. We only have around 8 days to stop it. She came back and Five and she resumed their conversation.

" I survived on scraps. Canned food, cockroaches. Anything that I could find ", Five chuckled. " You know that rumor that Twinkies have an endless shelf life? Well, it's total bullshit "

" I can't even imagine ", Vanya said.

" You do whatever it takes to survive or you die. So, we adapted. Whatever the world threw at us, we found a way to overcome it "

" We? ", I asked him in confusion.

" You got anything stronger? ", Five said to Vanya ignoring me. Vanya got up and went to her small kitchen. She took a bottle of alcohol and poured it in a glass and gave it to Five. Honestly,  Five is a teenager. How could Vanya give him Alcohol? ( She doesn't know about Five's real age )

Vanya just stared at Five as he took a sip of the drink.

" You think I'm crazy ", He said to Vanya.

" No it's- it's just a lot to take in ", She stammered.

" Exactly what don"t you understand?"

" Why didn't you just time travel back? "

" Gee, wish I'd thought of that. Time travel is a crapshoot. I went into the ice and never acorn-ed. Do you think I didn't try everything to get back to my family? "

" If you grew old there, you know, in the apocalypse, how come you still look like a kid? " Now it makes sense. He is older than 13. Probably he is 30.

" I told you already " He went and almost slammed the glass on the countertop. " I must've gotten the equations wrong " He sighed and took the bottle and started to pour more alcohol into the glass.

" I mean dad used to say that... Time travel can mess up your mind. Maybe that's what's happening "

Five took a sip of the drink " This was a mistake. You're too young..." He put the glass back and started heading towards the door "... too naive to understand "

" No Five... Five wait. " He stopped and turned around. " I haven't seen you in a really long time. I don't want to lose you again. I have lessons in the morning and I need sleep and I'm sure you need it too. " She puts a blanket on the couch to make it comfortable. " We'll talk in the morning, okay? " She turns to me and says, " Would you like to sleep in my bedroom? I'll take the armchair "

" No need. I am used to sleeping in an armchair. I used to fall asleep reading a book. ", I explained.

" Okay then, Night "

" Night " I went to the armchair and sat on it. To be honest, I wasn't sleepy but hungry. I just puked everything that I ate and my stomach was empty. I decided to eat something in the morning and just go straight to sleep. Five was now sitting on the couch looking at Vanya's bedroom door. He took a brown cloth out of his pocket and opened it. There was an eyeball in it.

" Is it real? ", I said trying to make a conversation.

" Of course not ", He replied and got up.

" Where are you going? ", I got up too.

" To find the owner of this eye "

" Why? "

" The owner of this eye causes the apocalypse. I'll find him, kill him and stop apocalypse "

" Then, why don't you go in the morning after talking to Vanya? "

" I don't have that much time "

" Ok then, I'll tell Vanya that you left in the morning. Night " He started going towards the door but stopped in his tracks and turned to me.

" You know, you can come with me ", He said.

" Me? Why? "

" Because I think I'll need you and I also think you didn't get to go on any mission. Think of this as your mission "

" Really? ", I asked almost jumping out of my seat. Dad never let me go on any adventure. I felt kinda trapped inside but, he let me go out on Sunday for only an hour.

" Yeah, if it's ok with you ", He said putting his hands in his pockets.

" Of course ", I smiled widely.

~~ In the morning at the Department store ~~

Five took me to a Department store. We were just standing looking around when a man noticed us and came towards us. He wore a lab coat so he probably worked here.

" Can I help you? ", He asked.

Five walked towards him with me following him and said " I need to know who this belongs to " He held up the eye so the man could see it.

" Where did you get it? ", He asked again.

" Why do you care? ", Five said with an attitude. The man surely wasn't going to tell us about the owner after that statement.

So, I decided to come with an excuse, " We... We found it ", He looked at me expecting me to tell him where I found it.

" At a playground actually ", Five said covering up for me. " Must've just... " He clicked his tongue " ...popped out " He smiled. " We wanna return it to its rightful owner "

" Oh... What some thoughtful young kids ", The receptionist said who was probably eavesdropping on our conversation.

" Yeah, look up the name for us now, will ya? ", Five smiled again. I could tell he was trying so hard not to show any signs of anger by the word young.

" I'm sorry, but patient records are strictly confidential. That means I can't tell you- ", The man said.

" Yeah, I know what it means ", Five interrupted him.

" But I'll tell what I can do. I will take the eye off your handstand return it to its owner. I am sure he or she will be very grateful, so if I can just -", He reached out for the eye.

" Yeah, you're not touching this eye ", Five said in a threatening voice.

" Now, you listen here, young man- "

" No! You listen to me asshole ", Five grabbed the man's collar and yanked " I've come a long way for this. Through some shit, your peabrain couldn't even comprehend. So just give me the information I need, and I'll be on my merry way " Five smiled sarcastically " And if you call me young man one more time I am going to put your head through that damn wall "

" Oh dear ", The receptionist mumbled.

" Call security ", The man said softly. Five looked at the receptionist, who was now calling the security, one last time and shoved the man back and started walking away with me following him of course.

Hey, chipmunks. So, I'll be updating this book every alternate day. The line for today is," Everything about our family is insane, it always has been ". Hope you guys have a great day/night/evening/afternoon. 

- O