We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals (I)

Unfortunately, dad died. I was completely devastated. I was going to feel so alone. I only had Grace and Pogo. Unless the rest including Luther come to attend his funeral. I was right. First Diego came. He looked a bit dangerous. Then came Klaus. He was a bit high but cool. Then, Allison. I could say that she was beautiful and kind. Like the sister type. Finally, Luther came. I immediately hugged him. He was huge and pretty muscular. Vanya was the last to come. She is pretty simple. She was hidden from the whole world for half of her life. One day, she had enough and wrote a book about her life. Diego was annoyed the most. In fact, his first comment to her when she came was " You don't belong here ". 

It was good to actually see them in person. All except Five and Ben. Klaus could talk to the dead so, I wondered if he could talk to Ben. I was passing through dad's office when I heard some noises.

" Ex- squeeze me? " It was Klaus.

" Drop it. Now. " Luther was there too. 

There was a moment of silence before Klaus said, " Alright. Alright. It's just an advance on our inheritance!" There were a few thumps followed by " That's all it is. No need to get your little panties in a bunch ". Klaus walked outside and saw me. " Hey, Jeenie!"

" Jeenie? ", I replied being confused.

" My nickname for you ", He replied with a smile. I couldn't help but smile back. I went inside my room which was right beside dad's office. I could hear some muffled voices which stopped after like a minute. Luther came inside my room. 

" Hey! Um... there is a family meeting in the living room right now ", He said.

" Okay! I'll be there ", I replied. He is acting a bit weird since he came.

When I came into the living room, I took a seat on the sofa. It was silent and a bit awkward at first. Luther broke the silence, " Um... I guess we should get this started. So, I figured we could have a sort of memorial service in the courtyard at sundown. Say a few words, just at Dad's favorite spot. "

" Dad had a favorite spot? ", Allison asked confused.

" You know, under the oak tree. We used to sit out there all the time. None of you ever did that?", Luther replied.

" Will there be refreshments? ", Klaus asked sitting down while smoking a cigarette and drinking. " Tea? Scones? Cucumber sandwiches are always a winner. "

" What? No. And put that out. Dad didn't allow smoking in here. ", Luther said.

" Is that my skirt? ", Allison asked pointing at the skirt Klaus was wearing.

" What? Oh, yeah, this. I found it in your room. It's a little dated, I know, but it's very breathy on the bits. ", Klaus replied and turned to me.

" Hey, Jeenie! How are you? "

" Uh... Good? ", I said and turned my attention back to Luther. 

" Like the way he died ", Luther said turning to Diego.

" And here we go ", Diego mumbled

" I don't understand ", I said confused.

" I thought they said it was a heart attack ", Vanya finished for me.

" Yeah, according to the coroner ", Luther said.

" Well, wouldn't they know? ", Vanya replied.

" Theoretically "

" Theoretically? ", I repeated.

" I'm just saying, at the very least, something happened ", Something definitely changed Luther. " The last time I talked to Dad, he sounded strange "