We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals (II)

Alex... But he was dead. Or was he? He was taller than me and when he noticed me, his smile faded. He was with Samantha? And they were holding hands? They can't be together. I mean she was my bully.

" Alex? ", I started. His expression was unreadable. "You're alive" I tried to hug him but he backed away. Samantha pulled him back. She now had pink highlights in her hair. Did I forget to mention? She was 5 years older than me. Still, she bullied me. She had a look of disgust on her face. 

"What are you doing here?", She snapped. "Didn't you try to kill your own brother? I thought you must be in jail or even dead. And how can you afford these nice clothes?" She pointed at my clothes.

( Reginald was a prick but still an " Eccentric billionaire or millionaire"

( Reginald was a prick but still an " Eccentric billionaire or millionaire". The point is he bought fancy dresses for Jennifer )

" I thought you were homeless ", She continued. 

"No, I am adopted"

"Really? They must be a piece of garbage to adopt an asshole" She surely grew up but she is the same Samantha that bullied me. Alex was quiet.

"No"

"What did-", Alex cut her.

"Who adopted you? Are they treating you well? I want to see them", Alex said.

"I am sorry, but you can't"

"Please. I want to see how they treat you" Alex still cared about me?

"He's dead"

"You must've killed him", Samantha said.

"Listen, Sam go home. I'll meet you tomorrow" She hesitated but walked away glaring at me angrily.

"How did he die?"

"Heart failure"

"Can you please come home?"

"No! I can't leave Luther behind"

"Who is Luther?"

"My brother"

"How man brothers do you have?"

"4"

"4? We have a lot to catch up on"

"Aren't you angry with me? I tried to kill you"

"No, I'm not. Besides, I wanted to meet you for such a long time"

"Really?"

" Can we go somewhere and eat? I am hungry and it'll be just like the old times"

"Alright"

We went to a donut shop which was pretty near the academy. Alex ordered a latte and 2 chocolate donuts for me. Alex really liked coffee.

"So, you have powers?", He started.