Chapter 4: Andromeda

AN: Andromeda is an introvert in my headcanon. She is really shy. She used to believe in her family's beliefs. But little by little she changed her mind. Sirius was way different. He had a bad relationship with the Blacks from the start. Andromeda had a good relationship with her sisters and respected her parents before Ted.

October, 1970

"Very well... Mrs. Black with.... Mr. Tonks"

Slughorn had just said the words that would change Andromeda's life forever. Though, she didn't know it yet. In fact, her whole persona was going to change for the boy seating at the back. The one who was smiling at her. Andromeda felt sick.

"Watch it, Andy" Drissy said in her ear "Don't get too close to that mudblood"

Fergus (Drissy's boyfriend) and Jasper laughed behind them.

Edward Tonks was a Hufflepuff from their year. Muggleborn. Tall with dark blond hair and hazel eyes. Muggleborn. He hadn't caught Andromeda's attention. But he was very well known within The Slytherins. Tonks had the habit of speaking up, about muggles, muggleborns and their rights. He and his mates were loud. They had a band and played only muggle music. Tonks was a prefect two, and Lucius constantly said that he was influencing badly the younger generations. Edward Tonks was a rebel. And a muggleborn. He was not shy; he was not afraid of anything; and boy, he had received a lot of threats. He was unusual. And Andromeda was a bit intimidated by him.

"You have the resting ten minutes to organize yourselves for the assignment" Slughorn announced to the class.

Andromeda swallowed. The students began moving and the usual commotion began. She didn't have another choice. Andy stood up and walked towards the desk were Tonks sat. He lied back with his arms behind his head and a casual smile. Andromeda hugged tightly her books and took the seat next to him.

"Hello..." he began

"Hi" she replied quietly.

Andromeda tried to avoid eye contact. She was shy. The only people she felt comfortable with were her sisters and cousins. And Drissella was the reason Andy had a social life besides classes.

"It's the first time I work with a Slytherin" he sighed

"Is that a problem?" she asked defensively

Tonks turned to look at her. Andromeda lowered her gaze embarrassed.

"Depends on the Slytherin" he smiled "Are you a good or a bad one?"

Andromeda decided to ignore him "Can we continue with the assignment?"

"Yeah..." he snorted "Yeah, yeah sorry"

Andromeda opened her text book carefully. She felt Tonk's gaze on her. She didn't like when people looked at her. She was accustomed of being the surplus sister. Bella was the pretty one. Cissy was the popular one.

"We should divide the assignment..." she said to interrupt the awkward moment.

"Are you any good in brewing potions?" Tonks said "Because I suck"

He chuckled a bit. But Andromeda didn't react.

"You can do the writing part then"

"Sounds good"

Silence. Andromeda felt so uncomfortable in silences like that. She was usually surrounded by people who didn't shut up. Which was fine because she didn't have to do the talking.

"Well..." the boy finally said looking at his watch "We have 7 minutes to spare..."

"Maybe we should begin the assignment"