Chapter 9: Bellatrix

TW: Insanity, violence, torture and murder

February, 1972

Bellatrix knew her sister had been acting weird. The fact that Andromeda occasionally defended mudbloods or bloodtraitors, it was something that Bellatrix could not take for granted. Andy didn't say anything in front of their parents, or anyone else. Only for her sisters. And she had all these ideas about doing what she wanted, liberal talk that she hadn't even dare to mention before.

So, Bellatrix decided to follow her, spy on her. And then, she saw them. Andromeda and that mudblood walking down the street, holding hands and kissing. Bellatrix didn't know this lad's name. But she had seen him. The Dark Lord had prepared the plan to target each one of these pro-muggle protestants. And this bloke and his disgusting friends had always showed up in these protests.

The first thing that Bellatrix felt was pain. An unbearable amount of pain that was consuming her. Her sister, her little sister being a traitor. It was like everything that Bellatrix was fighting for, everything The Dark Lord was fighting for, was being trampled by Andromeda mingling with that scum. It was as if she was personally attacking her own sister.

And then she felt rage. Because it was his fault. That inferior wanker had changed her sister for good. He had taken her away from Bellatrix. Bella fantasied the way of hurting him with the new magic she had learned. Ted Tonks was his name. Muggle Jewish parents. A Hufflepuff. Member of a muggle music band and a recurrent protestant of mudblood's rights. The more Bella found out about this worm, the more she despised him.

Unimaginable magic existed for wizards to do what they pleased. And Bellatrix felt so powerful to finally had opened her eyes. She wanted to see him suffer.

"What do you want to do about it, Bella?" The Dark Lord had whispered in her ear.

She had decided to entrust Him with her problem. It had been that way ever since they'd met. Bellatrix believed she could talk about everything with her Master. He had told her extraordinary things about his travels and adventures. They talked about politics, philosophy, magic, logic. The Dark Lord was the most intelligent and interesting wizard she had known. They locked themselves in his little office in Diagon Alley. Just the two of them and time flew by talking and testing magic.

Bellatrix was surprised that her Mater seemed calmed about the whole Andromeda situation. Andy was mixing with one of those mudbloods that were taking their magic away from them. Bella felt so disgusted that she had been crying.

"I want to kill him" she said confidently

"Think bigger, Bella" The Dark Lord summoned a Daily Prophet that has been laying in his desk. He gave it to her. She eyed it.

"My Lord?" she asked curiously

"Read it" he demanded

Bella began reading "Sleeping Dragon a very well-known bar in London opened it's doors to a new branch this weekend. Mr. Penrose, the owner of the place, is very proud of this achievement. The bar mainly located in a muggle neighborhood, also welcomes witches and wizards. Mr. Penrose believes the two worlds should mingle..."

Bellatrix stopped reading after that. She wrinkled the paper out of fury.

"My Lord we shouldn't let this happen" Bellatrix begged

"We won't" By this point Bella's master had lit up a cigarette for himself "I was going to take matters into place. But I want you to come with me"

"Sir?" Bellatrix asked unconcerned

"Isn't that your blood traitor sister?" he pointed at the photograph in the Daily Prophet article.