Chapter 8: Narcissa

AN: For me, the story of the Death Eaters is like the Nazis in some way. At first nobody or only a few people knew the atrocities that they were doing, until it was too late.

TW: Violence and Abuse

May, 1972

Narcissa had been chatting with her friends all morning. It had been a pretty normal day. Narcissa was happy. Happier than usual. Because Narcissa was in love. She could talk all day about how perfect Lucius was. Because he was so romantic. And they both had lost their virginity over the summer. Cissy was already planning their life together in her mind. They were surely going to get married. Narcissa was living a fantasy. But soon she was going to wake up and see the reality.

"I heard they flooded the third-floor bathrooms entirely" one of her friends giggled.

Narcissa's dear cousin Sirius was on everyone's mouth all morning. Apparently that little devil had found himself a group of friends as obstreperous as himself. He was a Gryffindor, thing that her aunty and uncle weren't happy about. Sirius was only a first year but he had already got into more trouble than Cissy had done her entire school life.

She rolled her eyes.

"Sirius is going to become a delinquent" she said annoyed "Straight to Azkaban"

"I actually thought it was pretty impressive" another friend smirked.

"CISSY!!"

Narcissa turned to see one of her dormmates, Jessica. A petite witch with ginger curly short hair.

"Jess?"

"Your boyfriend is in The Hospital Wing..."

Cissy stood up immediately "What?"

Jessica giggled "You should see his bloody face..."

Narcissa ran as quickly as possible to The Hospital Wing. There was a couple of Slytherins there. Lucius' friends. They were all gathered across his bed, so Cissy couldn't see him.

"Luci..." she chanted worried

"Cissy?" Lucius' voice asked

"Get away..." she said to the group of boys. They were grinning, trying not to laugh. But they let her through.

The boy seated in the bed was unrecognizable. He was not handsome anymore. His face was swollen and it was covered all over with pimples; red large and gross pimples.

"Oh Lu..." Narcissa sighed, because she didn't know what else to say.

"Don't look" he covered his face "My pretty face is gone!"

Lucius' friends giggled; they were dying to crack up laughing. Narcissa gave them a harsh look. They were bloody idiots sometimes.

"What happened Lucius?" she sat on the bed next to him. She patted his back.

"I don't want to talk about it!" Lucius cried

Goyle giggled "It was that Bones girl... Emily something"

"Ameline..." Crabbe corrected "I think..."

"Who?" Narcissa asked

"Amelia" Lucius spatted "Amelia Bones. That Ravenclaw bitch"

Narcissa had never heard about this Amelia girl.

"Lucius called her a 'disgusting cow'" Goyle laughed

"Lucius?" Narcissa needed a better explanation

"Shut up Goyle" Lucius spatted, then he sighed "Amelia had always been jealous of me. She couldn't resist that I do better in Flitwick's class than her. She began attacking me. I had to respond!"