Chapter 11: Narcissa

TW: War and Death.

For this chapter I got inspiration from the movie The Boy in the Striped Pijamas, specifically how some nazi soldiers' wives were oblivious of what they've been doing or al least that they weren't involved.

August, 1972

Narcissa's home became a complete nightmare after Andromeda left. Nobody was allowed to speak about her. Not even pronounce her name. The news passed on to Cissy's aunt, uncle and cousins as well. Sirius was furious. The boy had always admired Andromeda. And he was furious at her for leaving without telling him. And he was furious at the family for letting her go. Sirius' friendship with the Potter boy was influencing him badly. Walburga, his mother, always complained about him.

Narcissa was also furious. She was furious at Andromeda for choosing a stupid boy over her own family. Narcissa was a great defender of love. And in other circumstances she would've found it romantic. But Andy had gone insane. She left one day and came back already married.

Andromeda had been burned from the family tree tapestry. Meaning that she was no longer a Black. She was a disgrace. Narcissa knew it had happened before, to other members. She never thought it would happen to her sister. The sister she loved deeply. Narcissa would sneak to Andromeda's old bed at night. And she would cry, helpless.

Bellatrix in the other hand, didn't seem affected by Andromeda's departure. When she visited home with Rodolphus, she always wore a sadistic smile. Narcissa didn't understand how she could be so calm.

Narcissa's mind also was going over and over around what Andromeda had said. About The Dark Lord, the death eaters. All the mysterious killings were always of a mudblood, or a blood traitor. It was too much for a coincidence. Narcissa stared at her older sister with new eyes, eyes of fear. Could she possibly be capable of murderer? What about Lucius? Cissy hadn't heard anything about Lucius all summer. And she wasn't even sure if Narcissa wanted to know.

She wanted someone to talk to. About Andromeda. About Bellatrix. About Lucius. The people she always turned to were her sisters. Not anymore. Cissy was all by herself.

It was that morning, when Narcissa saw Lucius again. Narcissa had refused to get out of bed that day. She was there, staring at the ceiling, when her mother came in.

"Hello sweetheart" Druella smiled. Narcissa found it odd that she could act as nothing had happened. As the family hadn't torn into pieces.

Narcissa sat on her bed "Mommy"

"It's time to wake up" Druella said as she performed a spell to open the curtains "Wear something pretty. Lucius is here"

"What??" Cissy's heart began racing

"He brought flowers" Druella winked

"Oh Merlin!" Narcissa smiled with the thought of Lucius. She had missed him these couple of months. But then she remembered about the Death Eaters. And she was furious. She rolled out of bed. "Good. I have a lot of things to say to Lucius"

Cissy's mother smiled without suspicion "Very well. Hurry up then"

Narcissa got dressed, fixed her hair and put on some makeup. And then she stopped herself. She looked at herself in the mirror. She couldn't look this pretty for a possible psychopath. Lucius... Narcissa knew that Lu wouldn't hurt a fly. He was so soft and innocent. He was too precious for this world. Maybe everything that Andromeda said were all lies. She was totally mental. She even married a man she barely knew. Maybe to spite her parents. But there was a possibility...