Epilogue: Andromeda

December, 1975

Andromeda received an unexpected letter from Euphemia Potter, inviting her and Ted for Christmas dinner. Andromeda had never met the woman, but she knew Sirius was behind it. Andromeda had heard about her cousin running away from Grimmaund Place and was disowned. Andromeda had been sending him letters since she left, apologizing for leaving that way. Sirius never responded. At first Andy thought Sirius was not getting them. But then it made sense that he was just simply angry.

Andromeda missed her cousin so much. The fun they used to have making pranks or laughing at silly things. And she was proud of what Sirius had accomplished, she was proud that Sirius was different than everyone else. Andy wanted to tell him that. So, she convinced Ted to go.

Mrs. Potter greeted them with a big hug and smile, even if she didn't know them. Andromeda immediately felt welcomed.

"I am so glad that you agree to come" Mrs. Potter said "Sirius had been excited and nervous all day"

"Thank you for having us" Ted smiled back. Andy did it as well. Ted was the open one, not her.

"Aaw who is that little one?" Mrs. Potter smiled to the girl in Ted's arms. Dora was three. She was Andromeda's world now. She was so proud of her little daughter.

"Nymphadora, our daughter" Andromeda smiled.

"Oh, hi Nymphadora" Mrs. Potter smiled

"Say hi to Mrs. Potter, Dora" Ted demanded softly

"Hi.." the little girl said. Her hair turned bright red when she was embarrassed.

"She is Metamorphmagus" Andromeda explained

"Oh! That's fascinating" A voice said. An old gentle wizard with gray wild hair and round glasses

"My husband" Mrs. Potter smiled

"Hi. I am Fleamont" the man said "Ted and Andromeda. It is a pleasure to meet you"

"Same" Ted added

"Sirius talks about his favorite cousin all the time" Fleamont nodded

Andromeda was overwhelmed. She really wanted to see him.

"Where is he?"

"Upstairs I think..." Euphemia smiled "JAMES! BOYS... THEY ARE HERE!"

Andromeda's heart started beating fast. Fleamont was asking Ted about his band, the one he had to quit years ago when Roger died and Adam became a professional Quidditch player. But Andromeda stopped listening.

Four boys came downstairs. The first one was recognizable as a Potter. He looked like Fleamont but in a younger version. There was a short chubby blond boy. And a tall skinny one with a big sweater and some scars on his chin. Then Andromeda saw him. Sirius.

Sirius had grown into a fine young man. He was taller than when he was 12, the last time she saw him. His hair was longer. He was wearing a cool earing and a Gryffindor jumper. He was hugging himself nervously.

"Sirius!" Andromeda smiled widely

"Andy!" Sirius smiled back

They closed the gap between each other, hugging tightly. Andromeda had missed him so badly.

"Merlin!" Andy snorted, trying to swallow her tears "Look how tall you are. You're a young man"

The Potter boy laughed "Tall she says" he grinned "Hi, I am James"

"Remus"

"Peter"

"I am Andromeda and this is my husband Ted, and our daughter Nymphadora"