Chapter 3: Bellatrix

CW: Insanity

March, 1969

"Maybe she is not coming"

"Of course, she is"

The wind was cold, the night was dark, and it was the full moon. The Lestrange bothers awaited at the Hogwarts entrance. Both seemed to be nervous for breaking the rules. But when it came to Bellatrix, they knew there was nothing they could resist.

After a moment, Rodolphus shook his head.

"You have too much faith in her, brother" he whispered

"And you have too little" Rabastan answered defensively

"I cannot afford to be expelled or punished on my last year..."

"Relax, Rod" Bellatrix interrupted amused "Nobody is getting expelled, I can assure you"

Rodolphus sighed relieved, while his brother smirked.

"I knew you would come, Bella" Rabastan said

"Thank you for trusting me" she chanted

Rodolphus in the other hand, looked worried and disapproving.

Bellatrix knew her bloody destiny already. Her father had repeated it a million times. Bellatrix knew she would have to get married to the boy next to her. That she would have to give him children. Bellatrix knew Rodolphus since they were eleven, and one thing was certain. Rodolphus was boring. He wasn't particularly handsome; he wasn't ugly either. He was plain. Brown chocolate skin, brown dark eyes, black thick hair, skinny and tall. A good follower of rules, spoke only what was necessary. Rabastan was just the same, a little more exciting perhaps. Always agreed with Bellatrix. Bella had to accept being friends with them because she couldn't stand the loud and noisy girls in her dorm. The Lestranges kept her company when Andy and Cissy weren't around. Her sisters were more fun.

Before meeting her unavoidable fate, that was happening in a few months, Bella decided to live a little. To enjoy life before being a wife for the rest of her life. Bellatrix had tried to convince her father otherwise. She had tried everything, pleading, crying, threatening; nothing worked. Bellatrix even gave into some boys in search of 'love', perhaps another rich pureblood could satisfy her father. But until now, Bella hadn't found that 'love' that Cissy was so obsessed about. It didn't exist.

So, Bellatrix had another last solution. Running away. She could convince her parents to let her go on a trip, with her sisters. And from there, she could convince them to come with her. They could be free, they could be happy, in a distant wizard village somewhere...

"Nobody saw you, right?" Rodolphus asked, interrupting Bella's thoughts.

"No..." she smiled

"What about Filch?" Rabastan asked

Bellatrix took some keys of her robes' pockets and showed them to the boys with a smirk on her face.

"Locked up in his office" she said "I used a powerful potion to get him sleep..." she snorted "We just have to avoid the annoying prefects, that's all"

"Nice" Rabastan smirked, almost pissing his pants in excitement

Bellatrix smirked with him, and then turned to look at Rodolphus. Even he smiled.

"Well boys," Bellatrix proclaimed "I guess you're buying my butterbeers tonight"

Bellatrix walked first. She knew very well people looked at her walk, they looked at her body and face. She knew she was beautiful. And she knew The Lestranges were looking at her right now. If only she could use this beauty for something. It didn't seem fair that she was only meant to be Rod's.