Thunderstorms - Historia Reiss

Mild S3 spoilers

As a high ranking member of the military police, you had the clearance to patrol the queen's wing of the palace. 

(That as well as the secret relationship you held with the queen)

It was a stormy evening and you were making the rounds in the hallway. From the large windows you see a flash of lightning followed immediately by a loud, bone shaking clap of thunder. It was so loud you jumped, and you felt the reverberations in your body for several minutes after. 

As the storm got worse you decided to check in on Historia. You make your way over to the large oak doors and knock lightly. No sound was heard from within and you wait a few seconds before knocking again, louder this time.

Once again, you are met with silence. Concerned for the well being of your girlfriend, you slowly crack open the doors and peek into the room. All the lights were on but Historia was nowhere to be found. You step inside and close the door behind you, turning left and right in attempt to spot the queen. 

"Historia?" you call out, voice wavering in concern.

Suddenly another loud thunderclap ruptures the muffled silence in the room, and you hear a cry come from the wardrobe farthest from the windows. You run over and gently open the doors. 

"Historia?" your voice quiet and soothing as your eyes land on the small girl wrapped in blankets, cowering in the closet. "Historia are you alright?"you kneel down so that your face was level with the small ball in the corner. Historia peeks her face out, and you can see her eyes are wide and she's gone pale, her body shaking under the fabric. 

Another loud clap of thunder erupts and Historia cries out again and hides within the layers of the blankets. 

It hit you that shes scared of the thunder.

You bring your hand to her back and rub in a soothing motion, trying to manoeuvre yourself in the closet beside her, giving her as much support as you can. After a few minutes, she lifts her head again and looks at you.

"I'm queen of Paradis and I've served in the survey corps, and even killed my own father, yet I'm scared of some silly thunder" her voice comes out quiet and shaky, but she lets you wrap your arms around her and pull her onto your lap. You place a kiss to her soft hair and continue to rub her back as she shakes.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, lots of people go through tough things no problem, but get scared at seemingly other harmless things." you did your best to reassure her. "I think guard Kelvin is deathly scared of bugs" you whisper that last bit, trying to lighten the mood. Historia giggles and buries her face in your chest. Thunder claps again and you both jump, and Historia grabs your shoulders in an iron grip as she sticks her face as hard as she can into your chest. You tighten your grip around her.

"Can we close the doors again?" she whispers in your chest, and it takes you a few moments to understand she wants to be shut in the wardrobe again. You move to close the doors as best you can and make yourself comfortable inside, arms and legs wrapped around Historia,holding her in a strong embrace.

For the next hour, you do your best to comfort her from the muffled thunder outside; you tell funny stories and sing to her quietly, trying to protect the one you love from her distress. Eventually you could tell the storm was passing, as the thunder you heard was getting quieter and quieter. Gently, you lift her face to face yours, and you gaze into her deep blue eyes in the dim closet.

"Love, I think the storm is moving away from us now, what do you say we get out and I'll make you a nice soothing bath" you wanted to make Historia feel better, and she was already so tense form her duties, it being much worse with the recent storm. She hesitates, but nods slowly  a minute later.

You pick her up bridal style and carry her (and the cocoon of blankets) out of the closet into the warmly lit room. 

You call her maids to draw a bath, and pull a stool beside as she undresses and slips into the warm water. For the next little bit, you two talk together as you can see Historia becoming more and more tired from the day's events. 

She gets out and dries herself off, and you wait seated on her bed as she changes into a nightgown. She crawls under the covers and you tuck her in, bidding your goodnights before getting up to leave. Before you get far, a small hand grabs your wrist and you turn around to see Historia's big blue eyes gazing into yours.   

"Please stay" she said quietly. "At least until I fall asleep".

You give her a warm smile and crawl beside her, on top of the covers. She cuddles into you and the two of you lay there in silence, as you watch your lover finally fall asleep.  

☆ ☆ ☆

A/N: I am SO SORRY I didn't mean to go this long without an update; my anxiety has been really bad these past couple of weeks (im doing much better now) but again im so sorry to leave you all hanging.

Also sorry if this sucks I'm super distracted today cus i got some really good news. ANYWAYS please send me requests I am very very low on ideas. 

I hope you all are doing well!