10K SPECIAL Secret Training - Annie Leonhart x Male!Reader

Here's a special 10k request for @JFaustus12 !
I hope you like this one! Tbh I had no idea what I was gonna write that could be specifically male!reader so I hope this is okay

"C'mon Annie, please?"

You knew begging to Annie Leonhart for training help was going to be a fruitless task; but you just had to try. You wanted to make it into the Military Police, which means you had to graduate in the top ten, but in terms of combat skills, you were almost as bad as Armin. This was not gonna work.

You knew you had to get your combat skills up, but getting extra training with Shadis was hard, and by the time the daily sessions were over, your fellow cadets were too tired to help you. Everyone except Annie. She was incredible at hand to hand and weapon combat, and she didn't really have any friends therefore giving her plenty of spare time to help you. It was perfect

Almost.

Since training started you had developed a bit of a crush on the tiny blonde. You tried to keep your feelings under wraps, but your bunkmate Marco had figured it out. He was kind enough not to tell anyone about it, but you could tell he was curious as to why you liked her of all people.

Back to where you were now, standing in front of Annie with your hands held together and a pleading expression on your face. You were getting desperate, and she had already refused you once.

Annie stood there with her arms crossed, her usual cold and stoic expression masking any emotions she may be having. The two of you stood in complete silence as she studied you with her cold blue eyes.

After a few minutes; "fine."

Immediately upon hearing her answer, you let a big grin and your vibe totally changed.

"Thank you thank you thank you Annie!" You exclaim as you place both of your hands on her shoulders. That was the wrong move. All of a sudden you found yourself slammed into the ground by the short girl, as she let out a "whatever" and turned away. Your mood wasn't at all ruined; you were gonna get some extra training, and you were gonna spend some alone time with your crush.

———————

It was close to midnight, and as per Annie's instructions after dinner, you waited for her at the forest's edge. She had given no other instructions other than to wait for her behind the medic cabin and to remain hidden. You waited about 10 minutes in the dark until Annie showed up, still in her uniform. You make a small amount of noise to signal your spot in the woods, and Annie approaches, carrying an unlit lantern with her.

Without uttering a word, she hands you the lantern and the matchbox and patiently waits for you to light it. Once your surroundings were washed in the lantern's soft glow, she turns on her heels and starts heading deeper into the forest, not bother to check if you were following her. Quickly grabbing your small bag and the lantern, you catch up to her and follow a couple feet behind; enough to give her space, but enough for you to feel a little closer to the blonde. You follow her lead; the two of you walking in complete silence.

Eventually Annie leads you to this small clearing: big enough for the two of you to move around, but small enough to be completely lit by the lantern. Without comment or quote, Annie steps into a fighting stance and watches you.

"Let's get started."

——————

A couple hours later and every inch of your body was sore. It was late into the night, and despite the space and the time you two had, Annie did not hesitate to go full power on you, not give you much time to recuperate. It was a gruelling session that consisted of you mostly getting your ass handed to you by the shorter girl. Nevertheless, you learned a lot of useful information and you got to feel that happy, heart racing feeling whenever Annie would put her hands on you or press up against you to put you in a hold. Overall, you'd say this night was a success.

The two of you begin your journey back; the light of your lantern growing dangerously dim. You two hurried as best as you could so as not to get caught, knowing the punishment for being out of bed and off grounds would be BAD.

Despite your aching muscles, you follow Annie at a brisk pace down the barely trodden path. Unfortunately you weren't paying attention to your surroundings, and you stepped on a large stone, rolling your ankle and falling to the side.

Next thing you knew, you were sliding down a small ditch, landing in the thorn bushes that lay their roots at the bottom. The sharp thorns tugged and scraped at your skin, and you were in even more pain than before.

"Y/n?" Annie's slightly shaky voice sounded from the trail, and if you didn't know any better, you might say she was worried. For you.

You let out a grunt and slowly pull yourself from the bushes, scraping and scratching yourself even more. Crawling up the slope you feel a pair of small arms encircle one of yours and pull you upwards. Once again you were surprised by Annie's strength.

Crawling back up onto the path Annie yanks you forward and drags you down the path; stumbling through the dark and dripping blood. You had no idea how she could see where she was going,  but suddenly her grip on your sweater let go completely and she shoved you into the barn at the edge of the training grounds. She grabbed one of the lanterns and lit it, shoving you down onto one of the hay bales. You reach into your bag, being smart and having thought ahead to bring some medical supplies, knowing that Annie would probably have busted you up pretty bad. 

You pull out the small kit and Annie immediately takes it from your hands. Pulling out alcohol and a cloth, she soaks it and starts to harshly wipe at all your cuts and scrapes. The sudden and sharp pain makes you hiss through your teeth.

"Shit Annie, ease up" you grunt and she immediately relaxes her actions. 

She works on the visible scrapes and has you all cleaned up in a few minutes. When she was done, she stood up and caught sight of your ripped and bloody shirt. You knew that these wounds were deeper and more troublesome, and would have to be treated Imminently. 

"You're gonna have to take that off" Annie whispered, pointing to your shirt. You felt your whole body get hot as you hid your gaze from your crush. You however failed to see the dusting of red the touched Annie's own cheeks. You strip yourself of your shirt, hissing whenever the rough fabric would hit a wound. Undressed from the waist up, Annie slowly starts to care for the wounds across your chest and back.

The feeling of her cold fingers against your skin burned across your skin, and you tried to keep your hands to yourself whenever Annie got extra close to you to you. You could feel your whole body heat more and more as Annie placed her hand on your upper chest to steady herself, and you prayed she could not feel how fast your heart was going. 

After a few minutes of tense silence, Annie stands up fully and faces you, though her expression was hidden by her bangs.You could see her face was red, and your throat became heavy and you felt a little lightheaded. She hands you your shirt without looking at you, and you pull the fabric over your head, expecting Annie to be halfway out the door already. When the fabric had slipped past your head, you saw Annie still standing in the shadows, blue eyes trained on your figure. As soon as she noticed your eyes on her, she whipped her head away. You begin to stand, unable to stand the tension and the awkwardness in the barn. 

Before you could stand up full, Annie approached you and planted a quick and hard kiss on your cheek, before storming out of the barn. You felt almost faint.

'Annie kissed me' was the only thought that occupied your brain on the trek from the stables to your bunk room, and even when you were slipping into bed to sleep.

'Annie Leonhart kissed ME on the cheek.' 

☆ ☆ ☆

A/N: Hey! I am so sorry I had meant to update this earlier this week, but I started my new job and I've been really busy. Good news is I have started writing ALL your guys's special requests, because I love u all and want to treat u to your special requests. I have less hours this week, so I hope to be able to upload a few more chapters. I hope you all are doing okay!