.19.

SKYLAR

I have questioned my couple of police officers as a victim and a witness too. Filled a couple of p vaporisers. I was a little bit nervous since everything was new to me. I didn't see Silas once so I was a little bit worried. Officer Dylan was with me the entire time and he was very nice and helpful.

Everything went smoothly and I was done in no time. I decided to wait for Silas to finish what he had to do and it seemed to take forever.

I asked Dylan about Silas and he said that he doesn't know when he was going to be done with his work. So in the end I was sent back to Silas's apartment by Dylan and John because it seemed that Silas was going to be a bit late. He was very occupied with the case.

I must admit I was still having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that Silas is a cop. I thought he would be a gangster or in some sort of mafia since he gave me that bad boy image and that freaked me out. However, I had faith and decided to trust him and wait till he can tell me everything as he asked before. Thankfully I was not let down.

I had so many questions to ask, I wanted to know the real him. Even tho I had many things to ask him I knew deep down that regardless of anything his feelings for me were true. When I am with him I feel the happiest. I've never felt so loved or so safe as much as I felt with him.

I looked around seeing the apartment again remembering our memories.
Sadly, things do come to an end. When I reached the apartment I realised how everything was finally over and that meant that I was going to go back home.

There was no need for me to stay with Silas. I had to admit I was a bit disappointed, I was scared I'll never see him again. I didn't want our connection to come to an end either.

I started packing my stuff and cleaning the place for Silas. I didn't know what to say when I see him again. How should I start the conversation? I wanted a way to thank him at least, he has done so much to me I wanted to thank him from the bottom of my heart.

I decided to finish packing and prepare a nice dinner for him and maybe a cake. I started to get to work immediately.

Within hours I finished cleaning and packing and making dinner. I had some grilled chicken on a bed of mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables. I got some wine out too since it matches the whole dinner and celebration.

I waited and waited for what seemed like hours. He never called either, I bet he was very busy. Suddenly I heard the door getting unlocked as I jumped from the couch.

Silas came in and he looked very tired and drained. His eyes met mine and a small exhausted smile immediately formed on his face. He closed the gap between us and wrapped his arms around me protectively. It wasn't just a friendly short hug.

I hugged him back and rested my head on his chest, his heartbeat calming me and giving me that familiar feeling of safety again. I pulled away and smiled

"I've made some dinner, I'll heat it as you change." I babbled not knowing what to say.

Silas nodded quietly and went to change as I heated the food for both of us.

He took a quick shower and dressed worse some grey sweatpants and a black T-shirt making him look very hot. His wet hair covered his eyes slightly and he looked very sexy.

After a few minutes, we gathered to have dinner together. I noticed Silas being a little bit quiet than usual. I wasn't sure what's wrong. Maybe he was just very tired from today.

"I've prepped this dinner and got some wine to thank you for everything you've done to me so far." I smiled looking at my plate avoiding his eyes, something felt a little bit off. "Thank you" he just quietly as he started to dig into his plate.

"You aren't mad at me?" Silas suddenly asked. I looked up at him and frowned, "No not really, I mean I was very shocked and surprised at first. "

"You told me you'll tell me everything and I decided to trust you. Now I understand why you couldn't tell me anything back then." I explained while cutting my chicken then putting a bite in my mouth.

"I'm sorry I couldn't tell you sooner, I know it was hard and you probably had to overthink a lot of things about me." He looked very regretful, and the vibe just seemed very off.

I shook my head "Please don't be. You know I didn't receive a single email today ... and I'm just so happy." Tears started forming in my eyes. I tried to play it off so he doesn't notice.

Silas's lips tugged into a very small faint smile. He looked relieved for a second. "It's all part of my job. I promise I'll make sure no harm reaches nor touches you, Skylar." He is eyes were unreadable, I couldn't tell what was going on with his mind.

I decided to ask him if everything was okay. "Silas ... what's wrong?"I asked very carefully afraid of his answer.

He sighed and bit his cheeks, " I don't even know from where I should start sky."

I laughed nervously "what's wrong Silas you're scaring me."

I looked at him with an unexplained expression and took a deep breath. "Scorpi0n didn't commit the crimes - he stalked you, yes. However, he murdered anyone or tried to attack you."

I frowned putting my fork on the plate, "what do you mean?"

"Another culprit is committing the crimes Skylar, and the witness lied about everything. "