.18.

SILAS

Alex helped me to take Martin -scorpi0n- to the car. Surprisingly he wasn't resisting as I thought he would, however, he said many times he didn't does it. Of course, no one cared and he was dismissed and was dragged to interrogation. We needed to collect more evidence for the prosecution to carry on.

I couldn't look at Skylar, I wasn't sure what her reaction would be. I sure didn't want to know either, she probably just hates me right now. "Alex, John please wait for me. I won't be late." I told them both as they nodded.

"Good luck man." John patted my shoulder with and small encouraging smile. I nodded and went to Skylar.

Skylar seemed to be in a state of shock, which is understandable everything happened too fast. I built up the courage to face her. "I'm-" I tried to say anything but was cut by Skylar. "So you're a cop?" She was still surprised by what had just happened.

"Yeah, I know you might be surprised about this, but my feelings for you-" I was struggling to put my words together, then she cut me off again.

"You don't have to say anything." She suddenly hugged me tightly. Skylar seemed to be taking it well well- to my surprise.

"Are you okay?" My arm wrapped around her waist and my hand was on her head my thumb caressing her hair.
"Yeah." She mumbled against me. "I know you might be surprised and confused but I promise I'll tell you everything when we go back home, Yeah?"

She laughed, "You sure have a lot of explaining to do Mr Cop." I laughed and just snuggled against her pulling her even closer. I didn't care who was looking, I didn't care if I was going to get in trouble with Mark- the police head chief.

We broke the hug, "We need you for questioning. We will be interrogating Martin now too - I will." I made it clear that I was going to finish this, I was not going to let it go this easily. I also had to find out something for myself.

"Okay, you'll be there ?" Skylar held my hand in hers. I nodded "but I won't interrogate you, someone else will." I held her face between my hands. She seemed a bit disappointed, "it's fine. You'll take me home after ?" She beamed at me. "Yes," I kissed her forehead. "Now come on we have a lot to do." I guided her with me to the patrol car, but we took different rides.

******

Something felt wrong to me and I had to figure it out. They now had 3 people to be questioned- I included. Although I mentioned everything I knew. They needed me for more details and evidence.

I finished quickly because I was just a witness and happened to be there when it happened. I remember that rainy night and Skylar's horrified expression when she stood in the street. Sadly, I didn't see anything but it was exactly 8:05 pm when I found her.

There was a witness that came forward a few days ago that witnessed what happened with the Skylar. It was odd for me; why would he come forward after two months have passed by?

Although I wasn't the one questioning him, I wanted to know the reason behind this. He was the only evidence that proves Martin's murders, yet he only witnessed Skylar's attempted murder.

It was finally time for me to question martin, based on the witnesses' testimonies. And boy I couldn't wait.

I entered the room as Martin's placed the files and evidence on the table and took a seat. Martin watched me coming from the door to the moment I sat down.

"So ... Martin Miller," I said slowly. He remained silent as I watched him carefully. " So let's start with the murders-"

He cut me off immediately, "What murder? I said I did not do it." He seemed to be irritated.

"How did you murder them?" I pushed his buttons even more.

"I said I did not do it !" He gritted his teeth and clenched his fists.

"Okay ... what about stalking Skylar for months ?" Since he had able to talk I immediately got into the subjects of interrogation.

" I admit I stalked her but I did not murder anyone." Bingo, first confession down. That was fairly easy.

"So you're denying all the murder charges against you?" I asked playing with the pen between my hands. He nodded his head answering my question.

" Why did you stalk her? " I asked carefully.

"She was beautiful, it was fun." He replied nonchalantly.

"Fun?" I seethed in anger but calmed myself almost immediately. I had to be calm and get the most out of this.

I asked again, "How do you explain the evidence against you that day Skylar was attacked ?" I placed the evidence we have on the table spreading them so he can see them. I just stayed still noticing his reaction.

He frowned as he looked at them carefully.

I cleared my throat, "There's a witness testimony against you proving that you attacked Skylar that day."

"That can't be-" He murmured to himself then suddenly stopping his sentence. His eyes flicked to me and immediately denied it by shaking his head. That was weird.

I tapped my fingers on the photo of him leaving the cafe after Skylar left. "This supports what the witness said. You went after her almost after she left."

"I was only going to take pictures, I didn't even carry a knife with me." He hit the tables and started to protest the allegation even more.

"I never said she was attacked with a knife tho." I sat back and smiled to myself, I had the upper hand now.

He ruffled his hair and groaned. "I just guessed !" He was getting desperate now. "I did not do it!"

"Okay, so the stalking ... you stalked with the phone and the stalking glasses?"

"Yes"

"Did you stalk anyone else ?" I lifted my eyes from the paper to meet his.

He immediately replied, "no." Lair.
He was lying. I didn't want to push it anymore since I had gotten what I needed. However, there was something I was still missing. I couldn't help but stare at his hands and arm most of the time while I was questioning.

Suddenly it struck me. My eyes widened in shock because of what I just realised. Somehow I did believe he didn't commit the murders and kept it to myself. However, I had no evidence to prove this. I quickly grabbed a piece of paper and pen and gave them to him. "Write your name," I ordered him as he looked at me as if I was going crazy.

I tapped the paper so he can just write his name and get this over with.

He took the pen with his right hand and I smiled almost immediately. I was right all along, I was missing something big and that was it.

Scorpi0n was not the culprit we were looking for, it was someone else.

Authors note :

I forgot to publish thinking I did oOops kekdkdkdkekfk